The North Face is looking for an outstanding Senior Materials and Trims Developer to join our team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
The North Face is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As a member of the product team, you will collaborate with the merchandisers, designers, apparel developers and sourcing partners to deliver materials and trims which support the overall business strategy and seasonal design direction ensuring to achieve margins targets, quality standards and fitness for purpose.
- Cross-functional partner and consultant for all material and trim related issues and discussions
- Leading the seasonal material and trim selection process from research, new development briefing through to final sign for production
- Drive consolidation projects and toolbox creation and maintenance to improve overall raw material efficiency
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Design, Product Development, Merchandising as well as Global and Sourcing counterparts and external vendors.
- Responsible for ensuring material and trim system data is accurate and maintained in a timely manner.
- Responsible for initiating and tracking new material and trim developments, identifying relevant vendor partnerships and ensuring alignment with material sourcing strategy.
- Ensuring that all materials and trims are tested and approved in line with all relevant quality standards.
- Provide seasonal material and trim trends to the cross functional team gathering input from trade fairs, vendors and global creation teams.
- Lead material innovation projects and ensuring their successful and timely implementation
- Seasonal lab dip and colour approval working with vendors
- Input to seasonal calendar timelines and improvement in process improvement projects
- Seasonal maintenance of material toolbox for digital sampling
- Providing support and guidance to junior team members
Travel: 10-15% (foreseen)
What you need to succeed?
- 5+ years experience in sportswear apparel in product development area
- Degree in Textiles, Textile Engineering, Textile Manufacturing or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of material and trim manufacturing and production
- Strong understanding of the apparel creation process
- A strong team player with the ability to collaborate cross functionally
- A keen interest in innovation and a passion for product
- Strong problem-solving skills and a solution focused mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent English (both written and verbal)
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior members of the team sharing knowledge and expertise
- Experience in working with and traveling independently to vendors
- Experience in raw material costing and negotiation skills
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!