Trade Marketing Executive – UK & Northern Europe
(Maternity Cover – 11 months contract)
Location: Kendal, UK
Reports to: Regional Marketing Manager
Effective Date: 1st of May 2022 – end of March 2023
UNLOCKING THE OUTDOORS FOR EVERYONE.
Founded in the Pacific Northwest of the United States in 1938 Columbia Sportswear has been making gear to keep you warm, dry, cool and protected in the outdoors for over 80 years. Strong Growth in the UK and Europe has led to the expansion of our UK based Marketing team, now a member of that team has expansion plans of their own it has created the opportunity for the right candidate to get into the Outdoor industry or get back in after a little while out.
At Columbia we believe in ‘Unlocking the Outdoors for Everyone’ so regardless of your experience or background if you’ve got the right attitude and attributes, you’ll be the right person for us.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for a motivated Trade Marketing Exec for the UK & Norther Europe. The role would cover a maternity leave and support our Regional Marketing Manager in defining and deploying seasonal marketing programs in the region.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Work with Marketing Manager to define and deploy seasonal marketing programs in region.
- Build efficient and brand enhancing campaigns both digital and non-digital, that drive sell thru and grow in-season sales for a selection of accounts.
- For trade marketing campaigns you will set KPIs /Track / Analyze / Share / and recommend for optimization.
- Budget decisions will remain with Marketing Manager, but you will be responsible for managing budget operational work.
- Supporting the Marketing Manager with print and creative brief executions, copy editing, creative formatting and delivery to wholesale customers.
- Recording marketing executions and budget expenditure in Microsoft templates (Word, Excel ad PowerPoint) and well as bespoke company systems
- Collaborate with sales account managers to value the marketing campaign and assess sell-through performances
- In some occasions, working in collaboration with influencers, communities, and PR agencies will be required.
- Degree in Marketing or equivalent combination of professional and academic experience.
- The ideal candidate would have 2+ years of experience in a marketing position – work experience with an account is a plus.
- Ideal candidate will have some experience in implementing digital and non-digital marketing campaigns at an account level.
- Experience in developing, adapting, and implementing seasonal marketing campaigns at wholesale partners, including e-tailers in full alignment with the commercial team.
- Capacity to read and handle the data to analyze performance / make recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including proofreading).
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, Adobe Suite
- Experience to operate and quickly adapt in a fast-growing and continuously changing business environment.
- Ability to create reporting through relevant KPIs and ROI measurement.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and lead a discussion with retailers as well as a marketing team.
- Ability to brief/work with the in-house team and external agencies – assets creation, adaptation.
- Capacity to read and handle the data to analyse performance / make recommendation
- Willing to learn and grow your skills !
Columbia Sportswear Company celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.