Location: Dublin, Ireland
Reports to: Sales Manager Ireland
Effective Date: ASAP
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for a results-driven Sales Representative to support our distribution in Ireland for both Columbia and SOREL brands. The role is based in Dublin and to work as a core member of the Northern sales team. Responsibilities include account planning, developing, and implementing sales plans for top accounts, coordinating product presentations, working closely with Customer Service and Credit in order to resolve issues, and reporting on competitor brand activity. This is a newly created role to support our rapid growth in Ireland
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Effective and commercially successful management of the specified geographical region critically achieving the key financial targets set on an annual and seasonal basis.
- The development of a meaningful and achievable business plan for the region directed by the commercial and strategic goals of the Company. The plan will drive the business development of the region and will be reviewed on a regular basis by management to ensure the maximum potential of the region is achieved.
- Focus on expanding the distribution footprint of the brand while managing the existing account base within the specific terms and conditions set down by the Company.
- Develop key relationships with critical customers both with management and store personnel in order to fully understand and identify the joint needs and requirements of the region’s businesses. A prioritized journey plan should be compiled to cover head office visits, key store calls etc. The nature of the role will necessitate time away from home in order to fully embrace the role and satisfy the company objectives.
- Creating and presenting plans and product lines to accounts to develop key categories, drive sell-thru, and engage with consumers.
- Executing Product Training / Consumer Events for responsible Key customers within the Sales Area as required.
- Preparing sell-in together with the Northern sales team to deliver a high standard presentation to accounts (prepare and execute assortment sell in, prepare showroom/buying days to give accounts premium sell in experience).
- Sharing best practice across sales team, serving as an active participant in local and global commercial meetings, contributing to the skill development of the entire team.
- Education: Graduate not compulsory however would be advantageous, a high standard of education
- Experience: A first selling experience in wholesale for a Sportswear or Outdoor company. Previous experience in territory management is highly desirable
- Thorough knowledge of the footwear/apparel and outdoor/sportswear market in the assigned territory.
- Good IT skills: Microsoft Office – particularly strong Excel skills
- Other: Driving license
- Business acumen
- English native/perfectly fluent
- Able to analyze market conditions and respond with appropriate strategies and direction.
- Commercial aggressively with an ability to increase the market and find new opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Business acumen
- Managing objections
- Customer value orientation
- An outdoor/sports passionate who enjoys sharing its passion.
This role involves travels to customers across Ireland.
Columbia Sportswear Company celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.