Location: Kendal, UK
Reports to: Regional Director Europe North
Effective Date: ASAP, Permanent contract
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for a motivated Regional Sales Support Specialist for Europe North. The candidate would support the sales teams across 6 countries in the Lifestyle and Sporting Goods segments. You would be greatly contributing to the development and implementation of the overall regional sales in the Northern region (the UK, Ireland, and Nordics).
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Sales Support :
- Provide critical insights to the Sales team to generate more revenues with their account – for the assigned region/countries.
- Using Columbia reporting tools collate and record sales analysis in accordance with given guidelines.
- Track and analyze the main key performance indicators (KPI)’s for the principal Key Accounts in coordination with Regional Director.
- Track the Buying Group’s sales figures in coordination with our back office in Strasbourg.
- Master and use the internal sales software to gather data and prepare analysis recommendations.
- Build, follow up and communicate sell thru reports for the Regional Key Accounts.
- Support Sales teams to complete customer templates, run sales activity reports, send stock lists, and enter orders.
- Provide technical information to the Regional Director for each season in coordination with the product merchant teams.
- Assist the Country Sales Team in the preparation of sales briefs.
- Internal coordination of sample requests with the customer, merchant teams, and Customer Service.
- Assist different internal and external sales events such as sales meetings or trade fairs.
Digital Sales Marketing Support for Web Accounts :
- Act as liaison with customer service to ensure timely and accurate delivery of information related to online executions and product setup.
- Contract management, order set ups, weekly communication to accounts to drive re-orders, vendor catalogue scrubs & maintenance, order entry, account clinics, operational review/communication to account.
- Search and delivery of content for imagery and copy for retail accounts and optimisation of assets as and when required.
Office Administration :
- Ensure all insurance policies in partnership with the head office, including public liability, building, company car cover and all employees are legally sufficient and maintain appropriate records.
- Respond to employees’ requests for assistance related to the office facility or to equipment such as phone, and computer liaising with IT support team for more complex cases.
- Ensure that all staff completes expenses and administration in a timely and accurate manner.
- Management of sales team’s product seeding orders for staff training, samples and gifting.
- Preparation / Set up of showroom for bi-annual sales meetings, conferences and other events.
- At least 3 years of experience working within a Sales team, and experience with Sales Analysis.
- Knowledge of the outdoor/sportswear industry and/or apparel/footwear business is a plus.
- Experience working with sales processes and understanding seasonal priorities.
- Strong analytical skills to synthesize and communicate key information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong knowledge of SAP
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel (Pivot), and PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Indesign preferred
- Understanding of typical sales software tools an advantage
- Strong organizational and project management skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to work and operate in a flexible manner.
- Ability to take initiatives and think creatively-
- Ability to work to deadlines and to influence others to meet required deadlines.
- Discreet particularly in the handling of confidential employee data.
- Able to work independently in an effective manner
- Willing to learn and grow your skills !
Columbia Sportswear Company celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we’ve been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who’s found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.