At Deckers Brands we don’t just create shoes, we create lifestyles. We are about opportunity. Opportunity to create, to grow and to have an impact. We want all our people to be as successful as they can be, to reach their full potential.
We want to positively impact the world, whether that be with our Be Good, Do Good community involvement, or through employing sustainable business practice and socially responsible operations. How we continue this journey is down to our 3,000 strong global team, across our five brands (UGG, Hoka, Teva, Sanuk and Koolabura by UGG). No matter where you are based within our team, we are committed to helping our people thrive. We will offer you a generous employee benefits package, as well as health, wellness, and career development support.
COME AS YOU ARE
We believe that the company you build is defined by the company you keep. We believe that a diverse, inclusive culture drives creativity and success. We believe that open hearts and minds together can unleash the potential of a brilliant mix of people—in every corner of Deckers. We strive to create a workplace that values ALL people, where we embrace differences, and everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Because the more perspectives we share, the better we can be.
As the assistant accountant you will support the day-to-day transactions within the accounts for Deckers EMEA entities.
This role will involve developing relationships with other business units to question and clarify external transactions within the accounts.
This is a great opportunity for Assistant Accountant, currently studying towards ACCA / CIMA qualification.
- Support the Finance Manager in the maintenance of accounting ledgers
- Collaborate with accounting staff to resolve queries within the accounting period
- Develop the production of auditable working papers each month
- Care for the bank reconciliation for UK/EU entities
- Maintain the fixed assets register for assigned entities
- Record prepaid expenses in the accounting system and prepare monthly prepaid schedule and reconciliation for assigned entities to agreed time scales
- Ensure account payables/account receivables subledgers are reconciled to the agreed time scales
- Support with Office of National Statistics Reporting for assigned entities
- Be involved with improving processes for the team and wider team
Who You Are:
- An excellent communicator with stakeholders across the business
- Self-guided and a pro-active thinker
- Able to effectively prioritise and deliver tasks with a problem-solving mindset
- You have a high degree of integrity with the ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive matters in a professional manner
We would Love to Hear from People with:
- Previous experience in a similar accounting role with exposure to ledger work
- Studying towards a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA or CIMA) is preferred
- An understanding of the retail industry and working environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel
- Experience / Knowledge of SOX Controls is advantageous
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants embracing their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.