Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Reports to: PR and Events Manager Europe
Effective Date: ASAP, Permanent Contract
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
PR and Influencers play a crucial role in our Marketing strategy. This is a newly created position to support the rapid growth of our business and reinforce our partnerships with PR and Influencers across Europe.
Under the guidance of the Event & PR Manager, the PR & Influence assistant supports the PR & Influence projects and execution, assists on internal events creation and execution, and supports marketing internal communication effort.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
PR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Selects seasonal assets collection – imagery, copy, brand ambassador -, renames, and packages them into a toolbox for PR agencies Columbia Sportswear is working with.
- Coordinates photography shooting production for PR use, collecting samples either from our European Distribution Center or Showrooms, briefing agencies on shooting, and follow up.
- Curates and follows up on PR articles/info/awards and liaises with the e-com department.
- Reports marketing campaigns, coverage book reviews, and highlights selection with Marketing Managers in close collaboration with the e-com department.
- Conducts monthly/quarterly/annual reports for PR agencies and product selection for specific PR requests.
- Creates digital workbook/catalogs for influencer product selections: identifies styles, collects sizes, checks inventory, organizes delivery, follows up activation
- Assists social media content team on influencer content production and assets localization/validation.
- Supports the brand marketing / digital EU team or local markets for their influence and public partnerships
SOCIAL COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT
- Acts a support for social community management under the guidance of Columbia brand marketing manager
- In charge of internal brand marketing newsletter – quarterly basis. Proposes theme, engages each stakeholder, repurposes content, publishes.
INTERNAL EVENTS SUPPORT (SALES MEETING / BRAND EVENTS)
- Coordinates product ordering and supports brand team.
- Populates events content to participants via internal platforms
- Set POs and follow up execution
- Degree in Public Relations and Influence Digital Marketing or equivalent combination of professional and academic experience.
- 1-4 years of experience, including experience working with an agency or a FMCG brand in a similar role. Experience with agency management a strong plus.
- Experience in working in a multi-national, multi-cultural and multi-lingual business environment.
- Ability to brief/work with external partners; and to influence external partners.
- Understanding of influence dynamics and public relations tactics
- Proficiency using: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Mailchimp. Knowledge of Power BI and Coverage book is a plus.
- Knowledge of social media platforms – META / SNAPCHAT / TIKTOK.
- English perfectly fluent, used as a working language (copywriting level) – French as a commodity language – any other European language is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-organization and accountability are key skills to succeed in this function
- Experienced to operate and quickly adapt in a fast-growing and continuously changing business environment.
READY TO UNLOCK THE OUTDOORS FOR EVERYONE ? JOIN US !
The outdoors is diverse. In nature, different colors, shapes and species thrive due to their diversity. Diverse perspectives lead to creativity and innovation. Equity leads to empowerment. Inclusion leads to teamwork. We’ve grown from a family business to a global company because we understand what it takes to flourish. We work best when everyone is heard, seen and respected. Since 1938, we have been making clothing and footwear so that more people can enjoy the outdoors. Doing the right thing for our consumers, customers, employees, the company and our communities is one of our core values. We are dedicated to relentless improvement in diversity, equity and inclusion in our company culture, because one thing that we all agree on: the outdoors is for all of us.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.