Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a premier account managing an iconic brand?
We’re looking for an outstanding Strategic Key Account Manager (looking after our JD group account) to join our Timberland team based in the UK. This would be a national role with travel around the European territory expected.
Timberland is part of the VF family. VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Timberland is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of premium footwear, apparel and accessories for the outdoor lifestyle. For decades, we have been guided by a higher Purpose: to inspire and equip the world to step outside, work together and make it better.
Let’s talk about the role!
As Strategic Key Account Manager for JD and its group, you will be able to shape Timberland's future in one of our key EMEA markets with our premier accounts.
The role has the ultimate end responsibility for achieving all the key Strategic Account goals. As SKAM you are the accounts lead and ultimately responsible to ensure all opportunities in the areas of sales, marketing, product and operations are heard and quantified.
The primary goal is to ensure that all seasonal and yearly quantitative and qualitative objectives are met and aligned to the overall EMEA/Region strategy while maintaining the authenticity and integrity of the brand.
We expect you to deliver unbeatable results whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
- Develop a strategy for the accounts built on strong partnerships, excellent contact management and in alignment with the wider EMEA Go-To-Market strategy.
- Ensure deep knowledge of the markets to define pricing strategy and quantify key opportunities
- Drive business and profitability in line with the brand guideline leveraging in-store brand presence and brand guideline
- Lead the development of account specific marketing plan
- Drive the seasonal selling Go-To-Market process, including assortment planning and segmentation to ensure market differentiation
- Lead forecasting and planning process, with specific attention to seasonal and monthly product forecasting plans
What you need to succeed?
- Solid and relevant experience in sales, with experience in Strategic Key Account Management
- Strong knowledge of the European Sports Market/ Outdoor industry is critical
- Shown strong influencing skill to work across a complex matrix organization
- Ability to work at a strategic level but willing and able to manage details
- Task oriented and results driven
- Strong relationship building, influence and negotiation skills
- Strategic and analytical mindset
- Ability to prioritize and plan
Key must haves for the ideal candidate
- Right to work in the UK
- Computer literate with good understanding of MS Office packages
- A clean driving license
What’s in it for you?
Along with a competitive financial package, we offer a flexible, casual work setting, and generous employee discounts on all our amazing VF brands. And it’s not just our products which set us apart from others, it’s our people! We believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after. That’s why, on top of comprehensive benefits, we offer much more:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and countries
- A supportive feedback-based culture where integrity guides us in what we do
- Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
- An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- A choice of a company car or a company car allowance
Free to Be
We strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we will only contact successful applicants for the interview stage.