The Vice President, Product Flow & Fulfilment (EMEA), as a member of the Supply Chain leadership team in Europe, this is the lead position of the Product Flow and Fulfilment organization, with direct responsibility for the strategic development, continuous improvement, and execution of operations across fulfilment center management, outbound logistics, and customs trade and compliance.
This role has direct oversight for the regional fulfilment activities which are executed in 6 main facilities located across Europe with a footprint of more than 3M ft.2. These facilities are responsible for shipping over 100M units each year for all the brands we operate in region, supporting all sales channels (eComm, Wholesale, Owned bricks and mortar stores and international distributors). All facilities operate with varying degrees of automation, with the UK DC being the most advanced with full end to end automation deployed in the facility.
Join the VF Family
We are one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by all of our global associates across brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
We believe that when you discover the difference between a career and a calling, you get so much more out of life. When those lines begin to blur, you start to limit yourself much less and start aiming for more. That’s what we want for everyone who joins us at VF. And frankly, that’s what it takes to thrive here.
Here you can do the best work of your life. We are purpose led and performance driven, people-focused and supportive. Most importantly, we believe that everyone should be empowered to be their authentic self and we power an internal movement of inclusion and belonging. Our teams are built on a global mindset, sparked by sharp minds of diverse individuals and reflects the global consumers we serve.
Bring your energy and fresh perspective, contribute to our movement and build your future with us.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Lead a multi-cultural, diverse team located across Europe via 6 direct reports.
- Ensure that the total EMEA region is supported with the inbound, processing and outbound shipping capacity to service all brands and sales channels within agreed and evolving service levels.
- Ensure that future fulfilment and logistics capacities are aligned to forward looking regional growth plans, taking account of anticipated business model changes, changes in channel mix and evolved service needs for the brands.
- Establish and cultivate strategic partnerships with cross functional business and EMEA platform leaders to anticipate and respond to evolving business and market place needs. Recent examples being; duty and service mitigation challenges post Brexit, key accounts service model changes JD ‘dropship model’, omni-channel capability launch and Zalando partnership program.
- Continue to optimize processing efficiency in our existing DC’s by leading continuous improvement initiatives against current automation capabilities while exploring, piloting and implementing new automation opportunities.
- Ensure that product flows in accordance with the customs regulations and practices in the region and maximize duty avoidance opportunities by working with global and regional cross functional stakeholders.
- Deliver outbound logistics and service needs to the business and ensure that strategically VF is well placed to maximize service and cost opportunities by leveraging existing and new partnerships with service providers in this space.
- As the leader of this function cultivate our existing (and where appropriate build new) business relationships with 3rd party suppliers in order to unlock best practice service and cost opportunities to create value for the brands, our customers / consumers and associates.
- Support the creation of an increasingly curious team which is focused on identifying and delivering continuous improvement.
- Ensure that we maintain and evolve a Health & Safety culture within the facilities we operate, delivering safety as a ‘culture’ vs a KPI.
- Build leadership capabilities in the team and support cross functional talent moves, creating a robust talent pipeline and motivated workforce. Support VF programs & lead IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Action) initiatives for the function and as part of the regional supply chain team.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of related professional experience: 15 years or more of progressive experience with 5-7 years of managerial experience.
Educational position requirements: A University Bachelor or related field is required. Equivalent years of experience in a substantially similar industry may be considered in lieu of a degree to be determined by the nature of the specific job and the hiring manager’s criteria. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Should come with a proven track record of determining and executing strategy in matrix driven organizations, delivering best in class operational results and inspiring others to identify and unlock continuous improvement opportunities.
- Ability to lead and build strategic business relationships to deliver results with geographically dispersed, diverse multi-cultural teams.
- Capability to work w/diverse personalities in a tactful manner
- Professional written, verbal communication and well-developed interpersonal skills
What’s In It for You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
We just have one question. Are you in?