OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
For our Regional Logistic department located in Geneva (Switzerland), we are looking for a highly motivated Supply Chain Intern (6 months from June 2022) for our Columbia and Sorel brands distribution operations. You will join the European Supply Chain team.
In this internship, you will work on :
Support our Regional Logistic team with general and daily tasks & duties such as :
- Ocean shipments tracking with regular update on departure from Origin to arrival dates in discharge ports in Europe
- Close monitoring of our Regional Distribution & Transportations operations with 5 “Cross-dock” facilities all over Europe
- Supply Chain performance measurement for our Europe Direct and International Distributors business entities
- Document & Operational procedures regular maintenance & update as part of new fashion season preparation
- Contribute to our Continuous improvement initiatives with new reporting tools development or enhancements.
About you :
- Preferred students will have a Master Degree ; Supply Chain specialization would be a plus
- Fluent in English (written & oral) is mandatory
- Highly motivated by Consumer Goods sector & Fashion industry
- Knowledgeable about Supply Chain, Logistic, Transportation and Distribution operations concepts and application practices
- Proficient & past experiences with Data analytics tools (XL; PowerBI, ….)
- First professional experience working in an office environment
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, eager to learn and to contribute with new projects
About us :
- Columbia will offer a nice & exciting working environment to learn and to grow
- You will become part of an unique, international and professional team with a family-like atmosphere
- You will be coached and supported by our experienced European Supply Chain & Logistics team
- This internship is paid
This internship must be as part of your studies, with a ‘convention de stage’ (your diploma depends on this internship). You need to be available for a 6 months period from June 2022.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.