Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Reports to: Sr eCommerce Content Specialist
Effective Date: April 2022, permanent contract
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Junior Web Designer is responsible for creating digital assets for use online & email us for both Columbia and Sorel websites (20 sites, 5 languages). This position owns significant design and production responsibilities to create the best online shopping & email experience under the direction of the E-commerce Content Manager. This role is critical in the constant improvement of brand perception and online brand experience and fits in the context of the complete reinternalization of all web design and UX tasks and the incumbent will be responsible for its success.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Responsible for the creation of banners and landing pages for the website in CMS, in collaboration with the content specialist
- Assist with the creation of ad sets (static and animated) in collaboration with marketing team
- Assist with the creation of newsletters (html + bloc-based within emailing platform) in collaboration with other team members
- Localization of contents in 5 languages (10 websites in total)
- Responsible for thorough cross-device testing of produced content
- Occasional photo retouching depending on needs
- 2+ years in similar position in international website / e-marketing or e-commerce background
- Excellent visual design skills and outstanding knowledge of web-specific graphic design
- Expertise in current Internet standards, including web browsers and browser specifications
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and After Effect
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager a plus
- Knowledge of browser compatibility across multiple platforms and devices.
- Strong ability to design with accessibility in mind.
- Fluency with Html
- Good understanding of SEO
- Fluent in English. Fluency in French would be a strong asset.
- can adhere to, and follow existing brand guidelines
- Very strong level of attention to detail
- 'client-first' minded
- Team worker but also able to be autonomous with an excellent workflow organization.
- Able to work on multiple projects at the same time and capability to efficiently manage stress and urgent deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work alongside a marketing team to develop projects
- Curious and proactive with the ability to bring new points of view
- Always willing to learn with a Growth mindset!
Columbia Sportswear Company celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.