Exciting job in global company for a Color & Materials Designer Footwear to join our design team in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
At Mizuno we’re looking for a Color & Materials (CMF) Designer Footwear to join our team in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
About the job
Mizuno’s European Design & Innovation team is based in the Capelle aan den IJssel/Rotterdam office.
In this exciting position you can bring all of your energy and creativeness to the creation of seasonal colour design and material for a variety of sports categories.
Together you work with relevant EMEA colleagues and global footwear product team in order to provide and ensure a clear design and trend direction across all relevant categories, with careful attention to product merchandising, regional and global influences.
Here’s where you will be responsible for:
- Create colour and material concepts, and technical indications for global and regional product line as well as promotional color collections on time as required, in cooperation with global footwear product team.
- Perform market and data research and obtain EMEA trends, then collaborate in the development of seasonal color themes and palettes that align with brand color strategy.
- Present and distribute graphical communication of all relevant color materials globally relating to seasonal design themes and direction.
- Colour up of all sports category models, as well as the creation of the technical production indication instruction sheets.
- Colour up any EMEA Special Make-Up (SMU) models, as well as the creation of the technical production indication instruction sheets
- Understand fashion, athletic, and consumer trends and dynamics in various regions globally and propose how they evolve.
- Collect all necessary information for the global lineup construction of various category collections and provide it in report format to HQ
- Consumer (general users, players) research execution, collate and provide all and any relevant information.
- Providing color trend information in report format, within sports, fashion and other industries
- Design education bachelor and or Masters (Color design major)
- minimum of 3-5 years of experience
Comprehensive understanding of global and European business (useful)
Advance level IT Skills (Excel, powerpoint, illustrator, word)
Understanding of FW production and lead times
Relevant experience within the industry (useful)
Strong communication, organizational, and presentation skills
Understanding of footwear construction and material execution
Strong understanding of color theory, application, and placement
A real teamplayer, with a feeling for being part of a global team
2D design software skills are required.
3D design software (Modo) and colour software Keystone are highly valued.
For this position a valid EU work permit is required.
What we offer
If you have what it takes then we can offer you a dynamic role within a successful and established sports brand.
For this position you will receive one year contract to start with. You can expect a competitive salary, and good secondary conditions including good pension scheme, travel allowance and working from home allowance, 25 paid holidays and free in-house gym.
At Mizuno we work hybrid.
Furthermore you will be working in an international and dynamic organization, within a challenging environment. We offer lots of space for talent and personal development. Also be sure to experience a fast growing and ambitious organization, which is known for the informal atmosphere and devoted colleagues.
And last but not least, when joining Mizuno, you will be part of a group of people who are working towards the same goal: making the brand as big as possible, without losing the high quality standards and philosophy out of sight.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Color & Materials Designer Footwear? Then we’d love to hear from you!