Timberland Global Apparel is looking for an exceptional Senior Designer to join our Global Apparel Design team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role:
As part of the Product Creation team at Timberland, you will design apparel for:
- Brand collaborations, you will be expected to lease, and co create with external partners, collaborations are an important part of the business to drive hype and attention towards the brand
- Energy, Design product that will slot into the design calendar at key moments within the season driving energy for a youth consumer
- Key account projects, here you will work directly with key accounts and sales teams to build capsules for a specific market
With all the above you will ensure there is alignment with the brand, seasonal direction and the global business needs.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Utilizing design skills to create product that meets expectations in terms of boldness but with value and cost playing a factor
- Interacting constantly with category team members in Development, Product management and external partners to deliver the appropriate execution for the target consumer audience
- Ensuring design practicality and meeting merchandising business needs
- Striving to create apparel that meets relevance and leverages the brand DNA of Style, Performance and Green where applicable
- Monitor product development to ensure style, fit, quality, detail requirements
- Support Design Manager in execution of seasonal concepts and briefs
- Address Target consumer, wearing occasion, market opportunities
- Deliver Inspiration, style & product concept boards or sketches
- Join Materials selection with Material specialists, Developer, Manager
- Color application in collaboration with Color specialists and Design Manager
- Preparation and creation of technical CAD drawings
- Meet expectations on accuracy and on-time delivery along product calendar
- Facilitate agile decision making on prototype review and revision
- Develop awareness of our channel of distribution in EMEA, AP, NA regions
- Be an engaged and committed team-mate, Be a facilitator in negotiations
Skills for Success
- Bachelor’s degree or (equivalent) in Apparel or Consumer Product Design
- 5+ years of Apparel Product Design with similar brand(s) or organization(s) where brand DNA is key, ideally on a global level
- Extensive knowledge and keen interest in streetwear apparel
- Fluent English (both written and oral)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Be a Timberland Purpose Ambassador
- Demonstrated strength in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Email (Outlook), In-Design, Keynote, Excel and Word
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast environment and the flexibility to manage and adapt to change
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team which supports project management and development
- Good Presentation Skills
Please submit your application in English, and if you can/would like to provide us with some examples of your work or a link to your portfolio online, we would love to see it!
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!