VANS EMEA is looking for an exceptional Junior Merchander – Lifestyle Footwear to join our Merchandising team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Vans® is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As a member of the team, you will contribute to manage all aspects of Vans Footwear Lifestyle on behalf of the EMEA region. You will partner across the global and regional teams to build a consumer-right, globally consistent and locally relevant product lines that roll-up to the brand strategy. Under the responsibility of your manager, and drive all analysis, briefing, line review deliverables and go-to-market deliverables that reflect a productive and profitable product line. Your business acumen, flexibility and communication skills will help you deliver success in this role.
How You Will Make a Difference
Consumer & Competition
- Understanding of the EMEA Vans consumer including their various profiles and footwear needs across the marketplace
- Analyze and maintain competitive analysis and market knowledge to best inform line creation, pricing and strategic decision-making
- Support the team in driving Go-to-Market deliverables for Footwear Lifestyle including but not limited to PLM maintenance/accuracy, sample order, forecast, presentations and line lists.
- Support the team in preparing clear and compelling presentation content to ensure key messages are communicated effectively to the EMEA marketplace
- Lead with a DTC and Digital mindset
Strategy and Line Development
- Prepare business analysis to inform and create future looking line plans (seasonal and strategic) that reflect global and regional strategies
- Be fluent in all performance data for the line including bookings and sell-through
- Support the team in concepting and creating regional briefs to ensure local relevance within the product line
- Demonstrate clear understanding of product processes, calendars and cross-functional accountabilities
Communication and Partnerships
- Build and activate key partnership with Merchandising Operations to facilitate smooth and timely communication of Go-to-market and Line deliverables
- Build and activate key partnerships with Marketplace Merchandising, Sales and Marketing in order to achieve winning results in the market
- Partner with global and regional counterparts to inform and influence global line develop and decision making
- Partner with the other Merchants within the Product Category team to ensure alignment and synergy across Footwear, Apparel and Accessories
- Be accountable for your business by providing updates and key recaps to managers and leadership
Skills for Success
- Deep understanding of the Vans brand as well as the action sports and lifestyle industries
- 2+ year of professional experience in merchandising or a similar function in Footwear / Action Sports / Apparel industry
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other Windows applications (Word, PowerPoint etc)
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Excellent communication an presentation skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of PLM systems and data management is a plus.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!