Are you looking for a chance to lead from the front and drive consumer experience in one of our stores?
We’re looking for a motivated, enthusiastic Store Supervisor to join our Vans team based in Cabot Circus, Bristol on a 6 month fixed term contract.
As a supervisor in our store, you will act as the vital link between store management and the sales associates, driving service and sales.
Vans is part of the VF family. VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Let’s talk about the role!
We believe that our supervisors have a great opportunity to develop their full potential with us and we are committed to preparing them for that next step up to store management.
As one of our Store Supervisors, your blend of sales and communication skills will contribute to the success of our store.
How you’ll make a difference
In this entry level management position, you will assist the Store and Assistant Store Manager by:
- Supporting the management team to drive sales and profitability
- Coaching and motivating the sales associates to deliver high levels of customer service, ensuring the store is always customer-ready
- Making sure your store looks great, maintaining all retail operation standards in line with the brand’s visual merchandising guidelines
- Ensuring operational policies and procedures are respected
- Understanding your store’s KPIs and playing your part to ensure they are achieved
What makes you the perfect Store Supervisor?
- You love interacting with people. You set a great example for the rest of the team with your hands-on mentality, enthusiasm, and passion for delivering a fantastic customer experience.
- You can talk to people, create a supportive (and fun!) environment, that helps deliver the best service possible
- You have experience in opening and closing a store, taking responsibility and being in charge when necessary
- Ideally you come from a retail background with some fashion or lifestyle experience
- You have excellent written and verbal communication in English (another language is a plus but not necessary)
- You are proficient in the use of MS Office and different POS systems
- You are flexible when it comes to working weekends, evenings, and holidays as necessary
On top of this, we expect that you will live and demonstrate our Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Persevere.
What’s in it for you?
We offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical, and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
Most companies say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme and staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). And we offer the same. Only different. Along with this you will have:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- Tailored training. From an induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training sessions, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally
Free to Be
We strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we will only contact successful applicants for the interview stage.