We’re looking for enthusiastic and reliable part-time sales associates to join our The North Face team based in the Bullring Centre, Birmingham.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
The North Face is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands.
You may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, if you are an active lifestyler then you are probably very familiar with brands such as Vans, The North Face, Timberland, Napapijri and others. They are just some of the names we manufacture and sell in over 1500 stores across 170 countries.
As the face of our brand your input will be key, providing great customer service and contributing to the success of the store.
Let’s talk about the role!
We strive to create a fun and supportive team environment where every member plays their part in creating a great customer experience.
And whether you are working part time or thinking a career in retail, we expect that our sales associates deliver exceptional customer service and contribute to the store’s success in the following
- Sharing your passion for The North Face products with customers
- You are in charge of making your store look great, so that it is always customer-ready
- Learn about our products to inspire our customers
- Drive sales by understanding the store’s targets
- Follow store standards, policies and procedures
Is this the right job for you?
- You have a proactive, can-do attitude
- You are open and love interacting with people, able to express yourself, listen and understand customers
- You have a genuine interest in active lifestyle, fashion or retail trends
- You are a fast learner and embrace new challenges
- You are fluent in English – other languages are a plus
- You are flexible when it comes to working weekends, evenings and holidays when necessary
What makes you the perfect Sales Associate?
First of all, you LOVE interacting with people. You get your passion by helping customers finding the perfect product and you want every customer to leave your store happy. You understand that every customer needs a different approach, and you know how to deliver it.
Your passion and enthusiasm for the brand, your store and delivering great customer service should shine through.
Work should be fun, so it’s important that all our sales associates play their part in creating a strong, supportive environment. You are a great team player and are willing to do all it takes to contribute to the success of the entire team. For you, there is no such thing as “that’s not my job”.
It would be great if you have already had some experience in retail but it’s what’s more important is that you have the attitudes we’ve described above. If you have these, you’ll become a great retailer in a very short time.
What’s in it for you?
We understand that not everyone is looking for a long-term career in retail and many of our people work with us on a part time or temporary basis. That’s not a problem, and we’ll always try to fit your lifestyle needs around that of the store and team. We pride ourselves on looking after all our people, so you’ll still enjoy competitive remuneration, an amazing bonus and pension scheme and staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!).
However, if you’re thinking about building a career with us, we will do all we can to nurture and look after you. We offer:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries as you progress
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
- An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
And by the way, some of our other benefits include a contributory pension scheme, health benefits and much more!
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we will only contact successful candidates for the interview stage.