VF is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join our Timberland Marketing Department in Milan for a maternity leave substitution.
Let’s Talk about the Role
The candidate, reporting to the Marketing Manager (Italy, Greece and Turkey), will be a high energy, goal orientated marketeer who brings innovative ideas to the table, demonstrates ability to connect marketing strategies to business goals and fully embraces our purpose and brand philosophy.
Our ideal candidate is someone that is consumer focused and have the responsibility to develop and execute seasonal Trade Marketing plans for wholesale top accounts, concessions and franchise partners. He/ She will also support the Marketing Manager in the execution of 360-degree marketing campaigns based on EU strategy to drive brand demand (connect, engage, inspire) and support the management of the seasonal PR plan.
The Marketing Coordinator will be a passionate brand ambassador who immerses themself in everything TBL is, knowledgeable about our purpose and can build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Your main responsibilities will be on Trade Marketing through:
• Working closely with the sales team to establish the needs and seasonal marketing strategy for key wholesale accounts
• Executing the account marketing plans, in alignment with our CMVP, implementing a ‘phygital’ approach
• Working directly with the PSS & CONCESSION team to execute all marketing activity for our franchise stores, aligning with our retail stores so that we have one strong mono-brand proposition
• Elevating the brand experience in the key destination doors in Milan, with a clear focus on TR0 and TR1 distribution
• Partner with local creative agencies to create assets (if needed) in line with global brand direction
• Monitor results of all marketing activities across accounts, regularly updating internal teams & report documents – assessing learnings and making recommendations for future improvement based on Kpi’s results
• Trade budget management support with monthly check points
Collaborating with Marketing Manager you will:
• Support the planning and execution of marketing campaigns for key product stories and brand initiatives, with a focus on Milan
• Share insights around Milan local communities and opportunities for the brand
• Champion our move into the ‘metaverse’ and be digitally minded
• Work closely with HQ to provide insights and brief to get relevant assets to engage our consumer muse in the IT marketplace.
• Localize the global/EU strategy to create authentic content that resonates
• Support the execution of our seasonal PR plan to amplify campaigns and brand message through qualitative and quantitative placements.
• Help manage the local PR agency, ensuring they are briefed on the seasonal marketing calendar and have all the assets and samples they need to secure coverage and expand reach
• Support on local product seeding orders
• Prioritize the brand purpose, embedding it as much as possible, in every marketing activity (e.g. working collaboratively with charitable partners on campaigns to maximize exposure for causes that align with our brand values)
• Responsibly source, negotiate and vet suppliers for all projects.
Skills for Success
• University Bachelor or Master’s degree is required, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements
• Marketing programs and further studies will be considered an interesting plus
• Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience in a similar role
• Wholesale & Franchise & DTC trade marketing experience is a must
• Deep Milan knowledge (culture, distribution, trends, key shopping and entertaining destinations) that can benefit our mega city approach
• Italian native speaker & fluent in English
• Have a good understanding of outdoor, fashion/footwear industry and values
• Deep appreciation for brand and team culture
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Ability to work under pressure, hit deadlines, project management skills
• Have a creative eye / trend driven
• Commercially & digitally savvy with a positive attitude
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, analytical skills. You need to be confidant and capable of building good relationships
• Self-motivated, passionate and adaptable
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic brands such as Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland®, Dickies®, Eastpak®, Napapijri® and Supreme®.
At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland® brand is a vision for a more green and equitable future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.