VF International is looking for an exceptional Digital Trading Manager to join our Omnichannel Operations team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic brands such as Vans®, The North Face® and Timberland®. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As the Digital Trading Manager you will enable our brands to maximize their in-season opportunities in the digital marketplace channels by innovating trading tools & processes and upskilling the trading functions.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Driving the optimization of digital marketplace allocation & inventory management.
- Teaming up with BI and Data & Analytics functions to automate and scale trading activities by innovating our in-season management tools (replenishment & pricing solutions, recurring trade reporting).
- Establishing a strong relationship with the trading functions of our brands to identify and share best practices, multiply trading knowledge, and drive tool adoption across brands.
- Partnering with internal stakeholders (such as brands, omnichannel operations and supply & demand planning) and external digital 2P contacts to optimize the delivery process and stock efficiency across brands.
- Collaborating with brands and digital marketplace contacts to coordinate and leverage promotions & commercial calendars.
- Providing analytical support and guidance to the trading functions in our brands to accelerate and sophisticate trading decisions.
- Leading the collection and validation of trading-related retail data as well as customer and competitor insights to inform recurring trading decisions.
Skills for Success
You should be an experienced Trader with:
- Previous experience in inventory management & pricing optimization across multiple business areas in a digital retail environment.
- Profound analytical mindset and solid, transferable software skills (Excel, Business Intelligence, Retail Planning Solutions, etc.).
- Project management background and familiarity with working with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong team play, operating and collaborating effectively across functions, levels and geographies.
- Outstanding passion to drive change and dedication to continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- Sound organizational skills and goal-orientation.
- Self-initiative, independent and able to handle multiple demands & competing priorities.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!