Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We are in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by taking care of the translations needs for our European markets.
• Coordinate translations for our European key market languages, categories and across all marketing channels, as well as for all Brand Marketing (PR, Advertising, Social Media & content) and Visual Merchandising (Retail, Partner, COOP, Shop in Shop).
• Drive quality of translations to ensure that the “Patagonia Language” and sports specific language is executed appropriately and the message is aligned with ‘Patagonia way’ and reflects local languages specific.
• Create a translation calendar based on the yearly marketing calendar, and coordinate with a Translation Agency, freelance translators and proof-readers to make sure that all deadlines are met.
• Lead the network of translators and proof-readers and provide them with guidelines.
• Oversee and manage translation software and coordinate training for proof-readers to use the translation software where needed.
• Work closely with the Ecommerce team on product and web content translation needs.
• Monitor and work within the budget related to this function.
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors.
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work.
• About 3 years’ experience in coordinating translations, content localization & copy editing.
• Strong Project management and organizational skills.
• Good writing skills and grammar knowledge.
• Attention to details.
• Fluent spoken and written English and one of the following languages: German, Italian, French.
• Ability to work on own initiative and work across diverse set of stakeholders.
It’s a plus if you also have the following:
• International and especially European experience.
• Experience with translations projects for outdoor/sports /enviro.
Other important details:
• This is a full time position, based in Amsterdam.
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role. For some roles there will also be a practical assignment, where you can showcase your skills.
• This is a shorter version of the job description. You can read the full outline of the job here:
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an offer of employment is made.
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors.
• Taking part in employee-lead groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• Ongoing unique learning and development opportunities such as our own programme Earth University and workshops in anti-racism, core sports, among others.
• Possibility to apply for an Environmental Internship (spending time away from your regular job to work for an environmental group, while being paid your regular salary) after one year of employment.
• Option to participate in our 1% for the Planet grants council, being trained and empowered to review and make funding decisions on the grant applications from environmental groups.
• We have dog-friendly offices where employees can bring their furry friend to work.
• We are an activist company and have policies in place to support employees that want to engage in activism.
• All employees, interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges.
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform.
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions.
• After 1 month of employment, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year).
• Fully paid maternity leave (duration varies by country). After nine months of employment, we offer 12 weeks of partner leave and 12 weeks of adoptive leave. Pro-rated for part-time employees.
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies.
• Plus other benefits specific to each region.
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies