VF International is looking for an exceptional Senior Engineer, Magento eCommerce to join our Digital Technology team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic brands such as Vans®, The North Face® and Timberland®. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let’s Talk about the Role
You will lead a developer team working on Magento 3 ecommerce web site. if you are tech-passionate with self-confidence looking we offer an excellent position in the Digital Technology team that lead technology solution to VF direct to consumer.
How You Will Make a Difference
Working side by side with the developer team to improve and maintain at highest standard possible our ecommerce ensuring good performance and outstanding platform resilience you will:
- Lead developers from a technical point of view
- Proposing solution and ensure best development practice is adopted
- Attend and lead daily stand-up from a technical point of view
- Provide guideline to developer ensuring high standards in code quality and generating reusable code
- Ability to code review and advice on best practice
- Work side by side with the scrum master and product owner following a software roadmap
- Proactively avoid/mitigate any development blockers.
- Work on continuous improvement
Skills for Success
You will have a very good understanding of web application with a previous experience as developer/engineer.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams with other specialized individuals
- Superior problem solving and analytical skill
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and the ability to present information in a clear, concise and complete manner
- Self-starter, creative, enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative attitude
- Ability to prioritization task based on sense of urgency and accuracy
- Wiliness to work in a strong motivated team and to learn new technologies
Required technical skills
- 5+ years of experience in software development in Magento 1 and Magento 2
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Release management
- Understanding of Continuous integration and Continuous deployment.
- Ability to perform code review and technical design review.
- Strong Experience with PHP and Zend Framework
- Experience implementing third-party connections via API (RestAPI) or queue
- Experience with RDBMS (MySQL) and SQL/DDL Language
- Experience with HTML/CSS and JS Framework (ie: Angular, React)
- Excellent working knowledge on LEMP environment.
A formal education and subsequent University Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent are a pre-requisite. Any AWS Certification and/or Magento certification is considered a plus.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!