Timberland is looking for an exceptional FW Production Planner to join us in Portugal.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s talk about the role!
Under the responsibility of the Product Supply Manager, ensure the One VF planning principle is implemented across all vendors to maximize available capacity for each brand. Ensure vendors are kept constantly informed of the VF requirements. Manage Purchase orders flow. Generate, analyze, and communicate reports related to capacity booking, buy readiness, production progress to ensure seamless order confirmation and on time deliveries.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Booking of production capacity with factories and discussion of production lead-times
- Organize get confirmation on seasonal buy plan with vendors and ensure delivery dates requested by the brand are met
- Monitor vendor performance analysis through supplier scorecards inclusive of production data, development, and CSR results
- Manage Purchase order generation, flow and updates.
- Support quality at all production stages.
- Organize Risk Analyze Meetings with QA s and suppliers
- Identify and provide solutions on production and manufacturing problems that might have impact on delivery and / or product quality
- Support operation teams and sourcing departments to achieve targets
- Follow up sample and production orders status closely for shipment on time
- Provide the team with clear goals, give regular feedback and guidance to enhance individual and team performance
Travel to factory to monitor production schedule and ensure on time deliveries
Internal: product development, planning, operation, quality, GMS, compliance, sustainability, responsible sourcing
External: vendors, material suppliers
Skills for Success…
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or production engineering
- Experience:5 years in footwear, apparel, textile or accessories industry
- Language skills: Fluent English
- Analytical Skills: Business acumen, negotiation and communication skills
- Software: Advanced Microsoft Excel user
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!