Timberland EMEA is looking for an exceptional Marketplace Strategy & Go To Market Director to join our EMEA leadership team based in our Stabio HQ in Switzerland.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role
The Marketplace Strategy & Go To Market Director will partner with the EMEA Brand leadership team and EU Country GTM leads to plan, execute and track the Go To Market in the region.
Reporting directly into the VP, digital and marketplace this newly created role will oversee and drive the elevated GTM transformation with focus on the prioritized key markets and aligned with the overall brand strategy and progressive digital-led marketplace elevation.
You will achieve this by:
Progressive Team leadership and Change Management
- Inspire purpose-led and high-performance driven team culture aligned with Brand DNA
- Drive best-in-class GTM vision and ONE team culture informed by consumer centric approach
- Effectively lead and coach 7+ highly experienced and ambitious Country GTM Senior Managers
- Further elevate established GTM- and Key Account Governance
- Building winning partnerships with Multi-Channel Operations-, Merchandising- and Marketing Leadership teams
Financial Steering & Gross-to-Net Management
- Plan, manage and align EMEA marketplace financial plan with focus on key markets
- Develop FY and seasonal marketplace targets and financial forecasts aligned with Brand Finance and VP digital & marketplace
- Quarterly/monthly/weekly monitoring of progress against defined KPIs and financial forecast
- Manage and track seasonal marketplace pre-order process and execution of in-season business
- Oversee and steer KA profitability, service models and overall commercial term framework
Marketplace Strategy & GTM execution
- Drive Timberland EMEA marketplace elevation and transformation aligned with overall marketplace evolution
- Drive and steer overall distribution aligned with Brand Strategy and segmentation
- Drive seasonal sell-in campaigns in close partnership with Country GTM leadership and with focus on prioritized Key Accounts
- Partner closely with regional Multi-Channel Operations and Supply leadership to elevate service levels and operational performance against defined KPIs
- Collaborate with Merchandising- and Marketing leadership to implement best-in-class GTM planning and execution
- Engage with Timberland and VF Group leadership to define progressive Key Account strategies and to inform distribution choices aligned with overall VF Group Key Account Governance
Winning the consumer
- Drive consumer-first and data-driven culture and translate insights into strategy execution along the seasonal GTM process
- Facilitate OGSTM process and best-in-class Category Management with focus on prioritized Key Accounts in close alignment and partnership with Merchandising- and Marketing leadership teams
- Partner with Merchandising leadership team to define and implement dedicated merchandising assortment pillars aligned with prioritized consumer environments and brand positioning as Leading Outdoor-/Lifestyle Brand
- Partner with marketing leadership team to implement best-in-class consumer engagement strategies with focus on prioritized Key Accounts and consumer environments
Overseeing Timberland PRO business development
- Develop regional PRO Category strategy aligned with global vision
- Represent Timberland PRO EMEA alongside the global Go To Market process
- Manage Timberland EMEA PRO financial plan and seasonal GTN tracking
- Drive and facilitate holistic Timberland PRO marketplace execution across all channels aligned with the overall Timberland ONE marketplace strategy
- Steer operational execution aligned with regional- and global supply platforms
Skills for Success
- Outstanding track record of delivering sustainable growth and team leadership with 15+ years' of experience and being previously engaged in a similar role, Head of Sales / Director Sales / Commercial Director / Head of Go To Market
- Background in FMCG or globally leading Sport-/Outdoor Lifestyle Brand
- Track record in Digital Business- and Channel Development is a strong plus
- Excellent Financial Acumen and P&L Management
- Highly analytical and strategic
- Winning team player and Coach
- Collaborates and communicates effectively
- Be a Timberland Purpose Ambassador
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and you want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!