VANS EMEA is looking for an exceptional SMU Apparel Graphic Designer to join our Product Creation team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Vans® is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Let’s Talk about the Role
You as Apparel Graphic Designer will conceptualize, design and execute creative projects for the EMEA product creation team.
The SMU Apparel Graphic Designer will interact constantly with global and category merchandising counterparts in development and product management to deliver the appropriate execution for the target consumer audience. Strive to create graphics which meet relevant trends, whilst also staying true to brand.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will achieve this by:
- Provide seasonal graphic / artwork design direction based on EMEA trends and provide regional/global merchandising team with visual and factual cues to motivate and inspire them in the product creation process through formal presentations and/or on-going informal interaction.
- Strategic & Key Account SMUs and EMEA OMUs/Collaborations: deliver CADs, trend and mood boards for Strategic & Key Account SMUs and EMEA OMUs/Collaboration with the relevant Apparel categories.
- Presentation/Communication: Create impactful presentations on seasonal graphic / artwork and design trends to EMEA / Global Product teams.
- Global & EMEA counterparts: Work and communicate effectively with Global apparel SMU design and merchandising team, EMEA Merchandising Managers.
- Meet expectations on accuracy and on-time delivery along product calendar.
- Facilitate agile decision making on prototype review and revision.
- Develop awareness of our channel of distribution in EMEA
Skills for Success
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or (equivalent) in apparel or consumer product design.
- Experience: 3-5 years of apparel product design with similar brand(s) or organization(s)
- Languages: Fluent English essential; additional language is a plus.
- Portfolio of work which demonstrates; various skills, print knowledge, scale, placement, relevancy, and consumer awareness.
- Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficiency in 3D Product Creation Software eg: CLO, Browzwear and Keyshot is a plus.
- Microsoft Office.
- Knowledgeable in print technique and embroidery executions.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast environment and the flexibility to manage and adapt to change.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team which supports project management and development.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong presentation Skills