Timberland Global Apparel is looking for an exceptional Product Line Specialist to join our Global Merchandising Apparel team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role
We are looking for an outstanding Product Line Specialist. In this role, you will work with assigned category team to coordinate data and information to determine new product and consumer needs, price points, strategic developments.
You will help champion a product's introduction from conception through go to market launch and acts as the communication liaison on all details pertaining to the product line.
You are responsible for aiding in the management of the product planning process, the line plans, development information and production information for respective product categories with a very close attention to detail. You will work closely with cross functional departments during the product development & GTM process. These areas include but are not limited to Design, Product Development, Fabric team, Business Analyst.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Create, maintain, and manage style creation in ENOVIA system, based on lineplan requirement.
- Coordinate and prioritize flow of information and process as necessary to convey to internal/external stakeholders and consumers.
- Maintain and distribute all information of assigned product category encompassing ENOVIA line lists and data in Excel, workbooks, and other CAD books.
- Assist in creating and managing reports for Merchandising team. Including tracking success and failure of products on the marketplace, sell-through, etc.
- Perform marketplace, consumer, and competitor analysis for the respective category. Help to analyze competitor products, sales programs, and collateral to aid in product line decisions.
- Partner with Product Manager to disseminate information aiding in the creation of Global Line Architecture
- Help to ensure critical gates and dates in the process are met, data/updates are coordinated and fulfilled timely and per deadlines as assigned.
- Assist in managing the catalogue development and approval process.
- Among this role, will participate in seasonal product line reviews, owning/presenting if requested and based on business needs.
Skills for Success
- A first experience or internship in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Business Management, Marketing, Product Management or similar.
- Strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to work in the Apparel Industry and ability to identify and foresee trends with marked product sensibility.
- Strongly Sales-oriented mindset and analytical skills.
- Understands and embraces industry, consumer, and culture, on global level.
- Advanced computer literacy and facility with Microsoft Office, Excel, Keynote/Power Point, Illustrator and PLM system.
- Organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Resourceful, hands-on, and able to sense urgency.
- Fluent English (both oral and written)
- Be a Timberland Purpose Ambassador
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!