VF Europe is looking for an exceptional IT Service Delivery Technician to join our Western Europe End-User Support team based in Antwerp – Belgium.
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities, and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic brands such as Vans®, The North Face® and Timberland®. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As an IT Service Delivery Technician, you will have the responsibility to enable VF employees to use technology that will allow them to work more efficiently. The End-User Services Technician is expected to provide advanced technical support and troubleshooting to VF associates while providing exceptional customer service. You will report to the End-User Support Delivery Manager Western-Europe, and will work close with the other European team members
- Identify, triage, and resolve technical problems of moderate complexity.
- Accurately document, track, and monitor problems using applicable systems and tools.
- Provide support to end-users for computer, application, system, device, access, and hardware issues.
- Work on various projects, develop work plans, and ensure timely completion as directed.
- Installation and Support of company required hardware (desktops, laptops, printers, VoIP, scanners, phones, tablets) and software.
- Be a resource to the IT Platforms (Zoom, Local Backups, Local Servers, Local Networks, etc.) that may need assistance with Projects and support of the day-to-day IT Infrastructure at the location they support
- Help maintain an accurate stockroom inventory of personal computer devices (laptops/desktops) and peripherals (monitors, keyboards, docks)
- Monitor hardware and application performance based on expected benchmarks and provide feedback to the End-User Support Leadership
- Assist users with new technology training when introducing new offerings (MFA, OneDrive, Self Service, etc.) helping the VF workforce to adapt and embrace technology to work more efficiently
- Provide tech bar type service for face-to-face engagement with VF associates
- Support conferencing/collaboration technology leveraging VF solutions of Audio/Visual displays (Zoom, telephony, etc…)
- Hardware configuration and deployment following VF standards
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
Skills for success
- Preferably AA/BS degree in Computer Sciences or related technology field or relevant experience.
- In-depth technical knowledge of workstation hardware and software, printers, network and peripheral equipment like scanners, tape-drive, palm pilots, etc.
- Fluent in English and Dutch, French is nice to have. Knowledge of other languages is an asset
- Technical certifications such as MCSE, MCTS, A+, Cisco are preferred
- Proficient Analytical Skills and IT minded
- Good relational skills, and ability to work with peers in collaborative teams
- MAC knowledge and interest is required
- Documentation skills for recording processes, incident resolution, & customer direction
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server platform, Windows and Mac OS, local area networks and the VF wide area network.
- Understanding of SCCM
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products (OS & Office), Apple OS/iOS, Citrix Client
- Great customer service skills, ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Some travel may be required
- Able to lift packages up to 30 lbs
- Perform at a high standard of efficiency and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead peers in short term project duties with effective project management skills
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy, and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical, and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package:
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!