Business Title: Customs Clerk EMEA – Operations
Country/Location: Bornem, Belgium
Department: Customs department
Supervisor: Dirk Cools, Sr.Customs Manager EMEA – Operations
As main responsibility, the customs clerk handles all bonded warehouse data entry -mainly related to preferential origin- into our customs software solution (GTS).
He/she has to support monitoring VF’s generic EU customs mailbox and process all incoming mails, as well as all incoming regular mail, according procedure.
In this role, he/she will have to maintain contacts (both spoken & written) with inbound logistics & origin sourcing office teams (Asia, Latam & Europe)
Another main responsibility is the archiving of all administration/preferential origin certificates in a way which complies with current customs legislation and upon simple request pull the requested certificates out of the archive.
He/she will assist the Customs Specialist EMEA – operations on specific administrative and reporting tasks or any other customs projects and will from time to time prepare reports independently on request.
- Data input in the Customs Software solution (GTS)
- Organize and maintain a central archive of preferential origin certificates
- Assist & back-up during absence of the Customs Specialist EMEA – operations
Supervisor: Dirk Cools, Sr. Customs manager EMEA – operations
Direct Reports: none
Internal: inbound logistics and sourcing offices, Czech/NL/UK/BE customs team colleagues
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
- Education: A2 degree or equal through relevant experience
- Experience: minimum 1 year of experience in an administrative/data entry environment, basic customs knowledge is preferred but not essential.
- Language skills: Dutch & English (spoken & written)
- PC skills: Excel, Word, E-mail & internet
- Ability to work independently
- Working with & respecting strict due dates
- Logical thinking