The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. We spark curiosity.
We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity.
We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people
to connect with. The North Face is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands.
We are looking for an experienced copywriter to join our The North Face Team in Stabio, Switzerland, reporting to the Creative Director. In this role, you will develop and apply the marketing strategy.
The Copywriter works together with the creative team to develop copy that communicates the brand values and product offerings in a creative way, being fully responsible for the development, production and optimization of all marketing copy. The selected candidate will implement the global brand tone of voice in alignment with brand creative and strategic vision. This role requires strong creative execution as well as consumer friendly copy to uplift engagement on TNF.com
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Confidently create and deliver 360 content campaigns across multiple touch points.
- Work closely with Art Director, Designers, Project managers and other cross functional departments to create a range of brand content and campaign deliverables.
- Ability to write long and short-form copy across a variety of creative projects within tight deadlines.
- Develops product copy of core, key items and seasonal product, that works on a global-level, and that is descriptive and compelling.
- Interprets creative possibilities within project briefs and turns points from briefs into persuasive copy concepts.
- Continually raises the bar on creativity, and drives the creation of original concepts that result in effective campaigns.
- Maintains a clear and consistent brand voice.
- Creates, edits and proofreads copy to ensure accurate spelling, grammar, formatting.
- Partner with the external translation agency to successfully localize campaign concepts.
- Work close with internal digital content team for the development of creative copy for website
updates and digital media.
Skills for Success:
- A diverse portfolio that shows a range of creative campaigns
- Bachelor in Marketing or Creative arts
- Experience: at least 3+ years’ of copywriting experience in sports/fashion/retail/digital editorial environment.
- Creative individual with an abundance of ideas, an impeccable grasp of grammar and a real eye for detail.
- Deep understanding of The North Face brand with a passion for the outdoor and athletic markets.
- Language skills: Native in English. Any other language like German, Italian, French, Spanish would be a strong plus
- Excellent communicator, written and orally.
- A connection to trends in fashion, art, music and contemporary culture.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary and benefits program with a flexible, casual work environment
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of a company with iconic brands that operates in multiple countries
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card that offers you 50% off on all VF brands
If you like what you have read and want to join our team, please attach your portfolio + CV and apply.