Timberland Global Apparel is looking for an exceptional 3D Apparel Specialist to join our Digital Product Creation (DPC) team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Let’s Talk about the Role
You as 3D Apparel Specialist will help enable the use of 3D tools for enhanced line visualization for milestones within the GTM process. You will use your 3D skills to bring product to life in a virtual space by building, coloring, and providing photoreal renders of product. These renders will be used for a variety of in-line meetings, to seasonal product launches and even web/marketing endeavors.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Partner with DPC Brand manager to execute seasonal project needs
- Act as in-house trainer to build 3D skills/workflows within the brand
- Support project execution at each stage of GTM process – set up and organize files for ease of use and efficiency of each team member.
- Provide executional support in 3D sewing, fit/fabric changes, materialization, automation, rendering and concept for presentation.
- Set-up and maintain in-house quality standards for all digital assets
- Validate, test and pilot new emerging technologies and industry practices in advance of investing in training, software, and headspace of inline teams
- Serve as a motivating peer and vocal advocate of the DPC program, the paradigm shift it represents and its potential to deliver tremendous benefits (hard & soft) to the brand
- Serve as an influencer of how DPC can help us operate more efficiently at scaled down calendars
Skills for Success
- 3-5 years of experience in 3D/Browzwear within a fashion, apparel company
- Experience with Clo 3D will be considered as a big plus
- High level of Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Understanding and experience of the Design and Development process for apparel
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Experience with navigating a PLM system and line lists
- Experience with reading a BOM to determine style details and elements
- Experience and knowledge of digital fabrics is a plus
- Experience in pattern design and cutting is a plus (experience with OPTITEX /GERBER / LECTRA MODARIS /INVESTRONICA is a plus)
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!