The North Face is looking for an exceptional VP Marketplace to join our EMEA team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Let’s Talk about the Role
The VP Marketplace The North Face EMEA is accountable of managing the current marketplace organization and of driving new business models implementation and its execution, co-designing & conducting marketplace transformation across the multiple distribution channels in EMEA. The role is responsible for defining and executing the sales strategy for the entire marketplace across EMEA, for all product categories and consumers, specifically for:
- Digital Wholesale
- Brick & Mortar Direct to Consumer
The role will develop strategic omnichannel sales solutions and outline the specific marketplace opportunities, set detailed financial targets per specific marketplace and define an action plan to achieve the revenue and margin targets. Will contribute to define seasonal GTM strategies and provide the team with tools and support to increase market share in the marketplace. This role will drive the further evolution of the organizational structure to reflect the Brand growth strategy and lead, coach and develop direct team.
How You Will Make a Difference
Directly reporting to the EMEA GM of the brand, the key responsibilities of the role will be the following:
Strategy and Business Model Transformation:
- Drive TNF EMEA Marketplace evolution
- Support direct and indirect teams in execution of the strategy
- Oversees sales activities across all channels and processes, including building financial metrics to track business results
- Definition of distribution growth strategy and financial plan for the entire marketplace
- Generate new business and deepen existing client relationships, with major focus on our Strategic Key Accounts
- Elevate omnichannel capabilities across the marketplace
- Definition of seasonal Go To Market and Marketplace sales strategies in alignment with GM, GTM Director, Finance, Merchandising and Marketing
- Partner with VP Product to ensure European product needs are covered
- Execute segmentation discipline according to the Product strategy
- Drive consumer understanding & improve customer interactions across all touchpoints and consumer journey, driving an omnichannel integrated approach toward consumers
- Work with Marketing to ensure that the marketplace can take full advantage of all marketing investments and align these to the sales plan
Multi-Channel Operations/Finance/Supply Chain
- Work with Finance, Multi-Channel Operations and Supply Chain to ensure optimal alignment with financial plan, demand planning, inventory governance and shipping plans
- Leverage the Multi-Channel Operations team to drive alignment with Finance and Supply Chain on key processes. Provide data analytics, reporting and marketplace insights to drive business decisions across the channels
Leadership, People and Culture
- Build, coach and drive high performing organization and marketplace channels leaders
- Promote IDEA culture within his organization, with a strong focus on inclusion and diversity
- Instill digital and omnichannel mindset into the marketplace organization
- Promote behaviors aligned to VF and Brand Purpose and Culture
- Direct Manager: GM The North Face EMEA
- Direct Reports: 6
- Total size of the team: around 170 office based associates and 870 retail associates
Skills for Success
- University degree in Finance/Economics, Marketing or Business Management preferred
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of experience in apparel/sportswear and/or footwear industry, or in other consumer goods industries
- Must have a deep knowledge or understanding of the EMEA sporting goods and/or outdoor industry and values
- Must have experience, excellent knowledge and understanding of outdoor consumers and preferably be an active sports participant
- Possessing knowledge about competitive products and markets
- Must have previous experience in at least 2 of the 4 areas: e-com, KA management, wholesale, retail
- Strong understanding of digital
- Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
- Ability to think strategically and create short and long-term business growth plans
- Able to demonstrate successful sales record
- Proficiency in English, other European language are a plus
- Excellent people management skills, collaboration skills and proficiency in VF Leadership Expectations: be people focused and create an inspiring work environment, communicate & provide context, be highly inclusive, build a diverse team, develop people
- Strong ability to create positive relationships with main stakeholders and to navigate a complex matrix environment
- Great communication and negotiation skills, strong influencing skills
- Demonstrates strong organizational skill and ability to drive complex projects
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
Join the North Face Family
The North Face was built on a love for the outdoors and the desire to enable all types of exploration, for all people, from their backyards to the Himalayas. Over the last 50 years we've lived by our “true north,” the belief that exploration has the power to change us, to challenge us and to help us see the world from new perspectives. To help ignite a global movement of outdoor exploration, love for the natural world and an unwavering commitment to protect it, we welcome and encourage new participants to the outdoors. We extend our reach through support of non-profit organizations, establishing programs that connect participants with close-to-home recreation opportunities, and creating a connection with young leaders, inspiring them to explore and conserve.
As we enter our sixth decade, we pledge to:
- Empower exploration and the thrill of the unknown for as many people as possible.
- Protect the places where we live, play, and operate.
- Evolve the way we make our products by improving our environmental performance and social responsibility in the supply chain.
We just have one question. Are you in?