Kipling is looking for a Store Manager to join our sales team in La Roca- Barcelona.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
- To manage the Store to a high standard, maximizing profit performance by achieving sales targets within budget. Ensure that the brand message is consistent with the brand development and that seasonal messages are communicated appropriately. Lead and develop a sales and customer focused team. Inspire the team and all customers with our brands fashion and lifestyle image and products. Have the mind set and determination to always be better than our competitors.
- To recruit suitably competent staff in compliance with agreed company criteria, which reflect the image of the brand.
- To be the main motivator in terms of staff training ensuring all members of staff comply with Company policies/procedures and service standards and work well as a team. Ensure that all brand values are understood including product knowledge and seasonal messages.
- Arrange comprehensive work rosters, covering holiday and sickness cover.
- Develop and then implement a suitable internal communications strategy to ensure all staff are aware of new company policies, newsletters, memo’s etc.
- Be responsible for carrying out all staff appraisals and counselling/disciplinary procedures, in conjunction with HR and management.
- Be responsible for ensuring all health and safety requirements are carried out and maintained and ensure the store is operated as a safe working area in accordance with local legislation.
- As the main key holder, be responsible for the security of staff, stock, all company monies and the premises and observe all Company Procedures.
- Ensure all company administration is kept up-to-date and relevant information passed on to Head Office on time.
- Ensure all deliveries are unloaded, signed off and transferred to the sales floor quickly and efficiently and all relevant paperwork is completed and discrepancies reported.
- Have a thorough knowledge of stock and all aspects of running the store from till operation to stock replenishment and petty cash purchases.
- Establish a strong working relationship with all brand personnel in Product, Marketing and Sales teams and any other Stores to enable all sales information to be effectively and efficiently communicated.
- Ensure all seasonal point of sale reflects the current season and is changed in accordance with new product launches. That all products are displayed within their defined categories and merchandised to a high standard.
- Feedback sell through data, stock holding information, display potential, competitor activity and any other information to assist the Management team.
Education: Ideally, literacy and numeric qualifications at a high school level are required.
Experience: 2 years working as Store Manager within a fashion lifestyle branded multiple or high profile independent retailer.
Leadership: At ease at organising and running team briefings, people management & motivational skills.
Language skills: Fluent spoken and written English is a must.
Other skills: Merchandising, managing floor space and product densities, computer literate, knowledge of H & S, commercial awareness. Managing stock levels, recruitment & selection, appraisal/disciplinary interviewing, admin.
If you feel identify with these tasks and responsabilities ….Let`s apply!!
We offer permanent contract and corporate benefits.