VF International is looking for an exceptional Senior Manager, Go to Market to join our Global Eastpak, JanSport, Kipling team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic brands such as Vans®, The North Face® and Timberland®. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let’s Talk about the Role
This position is responsible for driving the seasonal execution through an integrated GTM process. This role will primarily focus on growth opportunities manifested in the Global Packs OGSTM, acting as a key business partner to Sales and Brand Leaders for the packs organization globally.
Your goal will be to lead GTM planning across brands and regions, while developing and executing an aligned approach for a global, cohesive Packs GTM.
The person will partner with Global Packs leadership and their direct reports for GTM planning, execution support, and assessment activities that grow revenue and profitability and build brand equity.
How You Will Make a Difference
- GTM Process: Create and execute a process to manage a more synergistic Global Packs GTM calendar and milestones. Drive the execution of global and regional deliverables with a specific reference of the organization, planning, and execution of the seasonal Product Launches. Partner with Product, Sales, Sales Ops, DTC, Digital and Marketing teams to lead and drive the end-to-end GTM processes for multiple seasons across brands and regions. Support Regional GMs and brand leaders to ensure deeper collaboration across functions. Use market and consumer insights to better inform GTM strategy, identify opportunities to reduce complexity and drive overall brand positioning in the marketplace in the regional GTM processes. Amend the GTM process based on current market and strategic needs, including process mapping, defining roles & responsibilities and collaborate with key GTM stakeholders to implement change. Work closely with brand and regional GTM counterparts to ensure needs are considered in global process and calendar. Build and own the GTM approach including point of view on marketing, events, partner relationships, technology alliance solutions and competitive approaches
- GTM Governance: Define and drive a clear governance structure to support the GTM process across all levels of the organization, partner with brand GM to lead a GTM steering group. Drive, engage, dialogue and challenge x-functional working groups, to promote collaboration and alignment on the execution of GTM plans, commitments, and the tracking of GTM decisions and follow ups.
- GTM Capabilities: Partner with Product and Sales to own, create and drive the regional roadmap for Digital GTM transformation
- Strategy execution: support Regional GMs and senior leadership team to lead and drive our regional annual strategies in alignment with global priorities through OGSTM framework: seasonal execution plans for all departments and at all levels, tracking and reporting KPIs. To ensure holistic cascading of VF and brand strategies into all departments, organize Goal’s Day in close collaboration with HR to support objective setting into Workday. Provide regional inputs and data to inform global brand strategy development.
- Strategic Meetings: Partner with Brand GM to plan and drive strategic business meetings; Country Business Updates to quarterly track Strategy and GTM related implementations across Markets and across functions
Skills for Success
- Strong Project Management skills (PMO)
- Team player and excellent influencing skills will be essential attributes within our consensus-driven and matrix culture. The broad ranging scope of the role will require a person who is flexible, service-oriented, adapts easily to different challenges and is comfortable working in a fast changing and entrepreneurial environment. The ability to reflect Company’s values is important to succeeding in the educational role that this candidate will necessarily play
- History of building C-Level credibility
- The ideal candidate will be highly fluent in English and, ideally, have fluency in at least one other major EMEA language, preferably as his/her native tongue (e.g., German, Italian, French) and will have a very strong academic record from a leading university (MBA or EMEA equivalent preferred).
- He/She will have a multinational and multicultural background with meaningful experience (at least 10+ years total professional experience, excluding business school).
- He/she will have worked in both management consulting as well as a consumer brand company with either direct (i.e., P&L) or indirect (e.g., strategy, insights, innovation, finance) experience driving brand growth. Candidates that only have one of these two professional experiences (e.g., only worked as a consultant) will need to demonstrate specialized experience relevant to our Company (e.g., the consulting firm specialized in brand strategy work for consumer products clients).
- He/She will have a “consumer first” orientation and will have had 5+ years’ experience directly working with consumer brands (either as a consultant or in a consumer brand company) – preferably in retail, e-commerce, and/or packs business. Further, he/she needs to be facile at applying consumer research data (does not have to be able to manage consumer research vendors or know in-depth research methodology, though ability here is a plus).
- This person must be able to maintain a neutral cross functionally position, engage a problem-solving mindset, and have a high level of focus on execution. Their communication skills and attention to detail—while being able to simplify—will be paramount to their success.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!