Business Title: Senior Customs Analyst EMEA – Operations
Country/Location: Bornem, Belgium
Department: Customs department
Supervisor: Dirk Cools, Senior.Customs Manager EMEA – Operations
As main responsibility, the Senior Customs analyst monitors, studies and analyses all official EMEA preferential origin related publications/legislation as well as our internal customs system behaviour and business operational processes ensuring VF EMEA maximizes on the preferential duty related savings opportunities.
This includes monitoring/screening all relevant information officially published by customs authorities (EU & UK + WTO) on a daily basis and forecasting (risk analysis) potential impact to the business of upcoming changes.
Initiate and lead projects required to maximize and safeguard duty savings & minimize duty leakage.
Audit data input and duties payable calculated in the internal customs solution (GTS)
In this role, he/she will have to maintain contacts (both spoken & written) with inbound logistics, DC shipping teams, origin sourcing office teams (Asia, Latam & Europe), Supply Chain Finance team and all EMEA based customs team colleagues as well as external consultants, customs authorities and carriers/customs brokers.
Next to this core task, the Senior Customs Analyst will assist the Customs Manager EMEA – operations on specific operational and reporting tasks or any other customs projects (which could include short business trips).
- Monitor/study/analyse all EMEA preferential origin duty related legislation/regulations
- Continuously perform duty audits on internal customs system/operational processes
- Look for & implement duty saving opportunities
- Assist/possibly take lead in (origin) audits initiated by customs authorities
- Inform/train EMEA customs team on changes in FTA landscape
- Internal reporting
Supervisor: Dirk Cools, Sr. Customs manager EMEA – operations
Direct Reports: none
Internal: inbound logistics, DC shipping teams, sourcing offices, Czech/NL/UK/BE customs team colleagues, SCF (Supply Chain Finance) team.
External: customs authorities, consultants, carriers/brokers
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or abilities required for the individual to be successful in this position.
- Education: A1/A2 degree or equal through relevant experience
- Experience: minimum 3-5 years of customs experience, with a good knowledge on preferential origin regulations/free trade agreements.
- Language skills: Dutch & English (spoken & written)
- PC skills: Excel (advanced), Word, E-mail & internet
- Affinity with legal language
- Ability to work independently
- Working with & respecting strict due dates
- Logical thinking