VANS EMEA is looking for an exceptional Merchandising Manager – Apparel & Accessories to join our Merchandising team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Vans® is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Let’s Talk about the Role
As a member of the team, you will manage all aspects of Vans Apparel & Accessories for Women’s and Kid’s on behalf of the EMEA region. You will partner across the global and regional teams to build a consumer-right, globally consistent and locally relevant product lines that roll-up to the brand strategy. You will own and drive all analysis, briefing, line review deliverables and go-to-market deliverables that reflect a productive and profitable product line. Your merchandising acumen, flexibility and communication skills will help you deliver success in this role.
How You Will Make a Difference
Consumer & Competition
- Deep understanding of the EMEA Vans consumer including their various profiles and apparel and accessories needs across the marketplace
- Analyze and maintain competitive analysis and market knowledge to best inform line creation, pricing and strategic decision-making
- Drive Go-to-Market deliverables for Apparel and Accessories including but not limited to PLM maintenance/accuracy, forecast, presentations and line lists
- Prepare clear and compelling presentation content to ensure key messages are communicated effectively to the EMEA marketplace
- Lead with a DTC and Digital mindset
Strategy and Line Development
- Prepare business analysis to inform and create future looking line plans (seasonal and strategic) that reflect global and regional strategies
- Partner with Planning and Finance to ensure SKU efficiency and Pricing processes are supporting business objectives
- Be fluent in all performance data for your line including bookings and sell-through
- Concept and create regional briefs to ensure local relevance within the product line; lead cross-functional collaboration between local design, product development, sales and MPM to ensure translation of concepts in marketplace
- Demonstrate clear understanding of product development timelines, calendars and technical aspects of Apparel and Accessories
Communication and Partnerships
- Build and activate key partnerships with Marketplace Merchandising, Sales and Marketing in order to achieve winning results in the market
- Partner with global and regional counterparts to inform and influence global line develop and decision making
- Partner with the other Merchants within the Product Category team to ensure alignment and synergy across Footwear, Apparel and Accessories
- Be accountable for your business by providing updates and key recaps to managers and leadership
Skills for Success
- 3+ years of professional experience in Apparel/Action Sports industry in a similar function
- Deep understanding of the Vans brand as well as the action sports and lifestyle industries
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and other Windows applications (Word, Excel, Photoshop, etc)
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Strong knowledge of PLM systems and data management
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!