VF is looking for an exceptional Director Strategy to join our Global Packs Organization.
Let’s Talk about the Role
We’re looking for a leader to shape and enable the global Packs organization at the pace of the consumer and accelerating digital landscape. We’re looking for a talented leader who will champion innovative thinking, collaboration, and partnership. The profile we’re looking for will be an experienced, empowering mentor that contributes to positive team culture and builds opportunities for team and individual development, recognition, and reward.
Purpose of the role is to inspire and enable superior choices that spark transformational growth. The Director will be an active contributor to global Packs Strategy.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide strategic guidance, problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical support to Eastpak, JanSport and Kipling brands, and influence corporate strategy.
A successful candidate will create value for our organization through passion for the brands, ability to network across a diverse set of brands and locations, independent project leadership, clear communication, and excellent presentation skills.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Partner with Global Packs President and Regional leadership to develop LT and ST brand and commercial strategy (WTP | HTW, OGSTM); manage process to track progress, identify opportunities/risks
- Identify key marketplace insights, consumer trends, expansion opportunities and competitive threats; Recommend and drive strategic initiatives to support the development of profitable, sustainable growth
- Leverage consumer insights from internal and external sources to ensure we are leading product development based on consumer/category trends; Support product development with market analysis to identify trends and/or gaps in current product offering
- Create and Maintain Brand Toolbox (Consumer Target, DNA, CV, Product Architecture, Innovation Pipeline, Marketing Strategy, Purpose & Sustainability)
- Oversee coordination of Organizational reviews (QBR, Strat Plans), preparing communication to SLT; provide insights and data as needed for Sales Previews, Town Halls, BBUs, etc.
- Create and manage aligned GTM process to identify synergies and create efficiencies
- Recommend and foster internal business performance and business process improvement
- Act as PMO to support all brand and regional strategic imperatives
Skills for Success
- 8-10 years in corporate strategy, brand management, and/or experience at management consulting firm or equity research roles with a focus on consumer industries (e.g., consumer goods, retail)
- Experience translating strategic choices into action plans, and leading execution across an organization
- Structured, critical thinking, and analytical rigor: ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form hypotheses against which to test analyses
- Experience with providing decision support to senior business leaders; includes sizing value pools (e.g., channel, categories, consumers) and identifying relevant forces of change (e.g., trends, market disruptions)
- Creative thinking, combining out-of-the-box mindset and ability to question the status quo
- Powerful communication: ability to communicate persuasively, both verbally and written; ability to influence others through quantitative and qualitative data
- Effective influencing skills and ability to lead cross-functional, -business, and -cultural teams to action
- Strong, proven ability to “get stuff done” across multiple constituents (at very senior and mid-range levels)
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing deadlines in parallel
- Self-starter, proactively pursues action when opportunities present themselves
- Global perspective/experience. Consumer Connection, Brand Planning, Brand Strategy.
- Ability to facilitate organizational change across multiple countries in services of challenging global objectives.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy, and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical, and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!