VF International is looking for an exceptional Project Manager to join our Project Management Office team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities, and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic brands such as Vans®, The North Face® and Timberland®. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let’s Talk about the Role
The Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that cover one or more business units. This includes manage resources, schedules, financials, SDLC control and adhere to the project management quality and guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. Furthermore encompassing the management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
You will contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery. Assignments are typically medium scale, with medium to high impact projects with medium to high risk and complexity and you will have the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis and to verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Provide overall project leadership and guidance, and manage all aspects of a given project, potentially including requirements gathering, business case creation, and implementation as necessary depending on the scope and delivery methodology of the project
- Contribute to resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for projects and day-to-day delivery activities, highlight resourcing issues as needed
- Proactively set performance expectations and help subordinate task managers and team leaders manage expectations of delivery and requirements, yielding consistent results
- Review project budget variance and scope change requests, and participate in the budget-resolution process
- Participate in defining the Statement of Work and Specifications for the requested goods and services
- Ensure that the scope of the project aligns with business priorities
- Understand and collaboratively manage risks and inter-dependencies with other projects
- Promote collaboration and coordination across broad categories of stakeholders
- Support team members and other project managers as appropriate
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation based on VF standards
- Support enhancing of global delivery standards & methodology (best practices, templates, policies, tools)
- Support evolution to Hybrid and Agile methodology at VF and use good judgement on choice of project delivery methodology
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
Skills for Success
- Strong planning, organisational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilise and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organisational levels.
- Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organisations across multiple sites.
- Understanding of backend integrations, APIs and Data contracts with the ability to coordinate development and testing activities
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change.
- Able to foster and build a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations, and proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Willing and able to challenge stakeholders to better understand their needs. Competent in project management, governance formulation, and team management
- Good working knowledge in financial management and organisational change management. Effective consultative and influencing approach.
- International and cultural management and experience.
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams), Microsoft Projects, Microsoft SharePoint, Jira, Confluence Smartsheet and ServiceNow
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies and methodologies
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- PMP or Prince II certification required
- Proven experience on delivering complex project(s) is required
- Subject matter expertise: PPM, PMO, Risk Management, Supplier/Vendor Management
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate, and enhance performance within a cross – functional environment
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions, and identifying priorities
- Previous knowledge and experience of Digital and Ecommerce projects is nice to have.
- Global travel by air and overnight, as required by project need; potentially up to 10%
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organisation
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!