At Mizuno we're looking for a Supply Planner to join our team.
At Mizuno we’re looking for a Supply Planner to join our team.
About the job
The Supply Planner plays a key role as the main point of contact for Business Planning, clients, distributors, supplier, customer services and warehousing, to arrange orders and deliveries to meet our customers’ needs.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Becoming a systems expert on our internal databases and processes, notably Styleman and JD Edwards (Oracle based system) and ensuring systems reflect the latest information on our products, timescales, availability, etc.
- Maintaining and checking all information in ERP systems (Styleman and JD Edwards) i.e. Product codes, stock codes, seasons, costs and EAN codes
- Being our font of knowledge on a range of key product areas, ensuring support staff are fully trained on product areas and ensuring PLP’s reflect the latest product/launch information
- Processing, matching and confirming; sales orders against purchase orders, raising purchase orders as requested by Production and Purchasing/Business Planning, checking and posting invoices and analysing the PO closing report at the end of each month
- Working closely with clients and distributors to ensure product forecasts are consolidated on time, checking customer orders are in line with forecasts
- Working closely with freight forwarding suppliers to confirm shipments and updating delivery dates in the system
- Managing and monitoring the product workloads and ensure all procedures and systems are up-to-date
- Preparing shipments and costings of Purchase orders, in line with accounts requirements, as soon as delivery information is available
- Working closely with the warehousing team to ensure all incoming goods are booked onto systems and that any discrepancies are reported by the Warehouse on goods arrivals
- Ensuring all product deadlines are met
Based at our Winnersh office, we have on site parking available, the office is accessible by public transport and has a number of shops nearby as well as a visiting sandwich van each day.
35 hour working week
Pension scheme with options to suit your needs
Private health care
Private dental cover
Mizuno staff discount on a wide range of products
Employee Assistance Programme
Retail discount scheme
33 days holiday including public holidays with additional days for long serving staff members
You will be/have;
- Passionate about the sports industry, have a keen interest in our products combined with a detailed knowledge of international trade and/or purchasing
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Excellent MS Excel skills – being able to effectively manipulate large data sets including a wide range of SKUs is a key part of this role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to structure your day, with foresight to identify pinch points and potential challenges
- Able to prioritise workload
- Comfortable working under your own initiative once we’ve shown you the ropes
- Experience of working in a fast paced and high-volume environment
- A team player who knows when to ask to for help and is willing to lend a hand to your colleagues when needed
- A strong communicator, comfortable with communicating at all levels
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Supply Planner? Then we’d love to hear about you!