PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Key Account Manager is the primary sales owner to drive new and existing business for Wilson Team Sports (basketball, American football & volleyball) within the assigned territory.
This includes developing new distribution, driving growth with assigned accounts, sell-in of the category product range, setting sell-through activities and achieving sales & margin targets through effective joint business planning.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Act as the category expert, in collaboration with the Market Manager, by leading presentation of the range, sell-in and best retail execution of the category to their accounts
- Effectively manage Key National Accounts and American Sports Specialists within assigned territory: setting account plans and developing the strategy to achieve them
- Actively pursue new and existing business in-line with Key Business Drivers, including but not limited to, driving range expansion, Federation partnerships and institutional (club, school & clinic) business
- In close collaboration with the EMEA Category Manager to set the range offering, pricing, trade terms and sales forecasting
- Provide easy-to-execute assortment offers for B2B for balance of trade not serviced directly
- Effectively coordinate and communicate key stories, initiatives and selling activities at all times during the sales process, focused on key consumer demographics
- Provide local market feedback, specifically on range, channel design, competitors and commercial strategy
- Attend Global and Regional meetings as required and present the UK business strategy to internal teams
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Planning & Preparation: Maintains detailed territory and account plans and uses them to prioritize activities and investments. Prepares for each sales call; sets desired advances and plans to achieve them
- Relationship-building & Interpersonal Skills: Expert at building rapport and credibility, in part by demonstrating an appreciation for solutions to the retailers’ business needs
- Listening skills & solution selling: Develops a deep understanding of the consumer, objectives and strategy of the customer to deliver solutions that change the game
- Presenting: Is articulate and effective in presenting the category and brand to customers
- Managing Objections: Anticipates objections and prepares facts & evidence to counter them. Identifies win-win opportunities to that enable the customer to succeed with the brand
- Partnership Management: Able to manage relationships in Federation & League Organizations, to identify & negotiate the best licensed partnership agreements, in line with Wilson strategies
- Category Competency: Regarded as a product expert within Wilson Team Sports and displays a strong understanding of these sports. Leads the shared Field Sales team and Agencies with toolkits and plans to execute.
- +5 years UK Key Account sales experience, preferably in the sporting goods industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the curiosity to think differently and create new opportunities
- Negotiation and deal closing, managing trade terms and profitability
- Ability to work autonomously with limited direction
- Strong communicator, able to work cross functionally across European and US teams
- Very good knowledge of the Basketball landscape in the UK
- Previous experience managing license agreements with a passion for American Teamsports
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU:
- Generous staff discounts across Amer brand portfolio
- Company pension scheme
- An interesting role in a challenging industry
- Professional development opportunities
- The opportunity for independent and self-reliant work
- A friendly and vibrant working environment in a dynamic and international team
Please submit your application online.
When making the application, please state your salary expectation related to this role.