Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We are in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by supporting and helping develop Patagonia wholesale accounts by optimizing Service and Operations in Europe. You will do it by building and developing productive relationships amongst the Customers and Patagonia wholesale sales team, as well as overseeing and maintaining the operational health of the wholesale accounts.
Essential job functions:
• Liaise with Customers, Sales Representatives, Logistics and Credit teams to provide the best Dealer
• Service & Operational efficiencies to the wholesale accounts allocated to you
• Monitor inventory fluctuations and understand systems logic to ensure optimal order fulfillment
• Perform orderbook maintenance as it pertains to the wholesale business model
• Report and troubleshoot day-to-day operational issues
Other job responsibilities:
• Provide a prompt, reliable and high-quality service and operational support to your allocated dealers
• Complete daily & seasonal tasks and projects in a timely and comprehensive manner (pre-season preparation, shipping season, etc.)
• Manage wholesale orders on a daily basis: enter orders, follow up with adjustments and cancellations
• Monitor and resolve delivery complaints by coordinating with dealers, forwarding services and the Patagonia logistics team
• Working on guaranteeing a smooth delivery process. Ensure all necessary operating documentations and special handling requirements are properly executed
• Maintain ongoing and proactive communication to wholesale accounts and sales representatives regarding system updates, supply issues, shipping timelines, backordered products and cancelled items
• Become familiar with Patagonia’s systems & processes in order to handle all service-related inquiries for wholesale accounts. Process returns and repairs for assigned accounts.
• Work in conjunction with Sales in order to maintain targeted distribution and sales directives. Work with dealers to maintain preseason order base. Assist in inventory management by moving revenue from (but not limited to) oversold styles to styles with ATS
• Work in conjunction with the credit department to establish new accounts and create pro forma invoices/prepayment
• Provide sales and order management analysis to the Sales team and Dealer Service Manager
• Provide help and support to local sales team mainly in the daily relationships with dealers & order management
• Sell ATS (Available-To-Sell) by answering incoming phone calls. Participate in sales call out programs
• Ensuring the back up of other team members
• Complete any ad-hoc DS tasks and assignments as directed by management
What we’re looking for:
• Language Skills: Fluent in German and in English, other languages are a plus
• 1-2 years of experience in Customer Service or Dealer Service
• Advanced level of computer skills (knowledge of Excel a must, Microsoft AX would be a plus)
• Diploma or bachelor’s degree qualification desirable
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
• Strong follow through and attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable to a fast-faced environment
• Self-starter and ability to work on own initiative
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement
• A natural flair for sales is an advantage
Other important details:
• This is a fixed term full-time maternity leave cover position, intended to support the team for approximately 12 month (from mid-June 2022 till mid-June 2023).
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role.
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an offer of employment is made.
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in employee-lead groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• Ongoing unique learning and development opportunities such as our own programme Earth University and workshops in anti-racism, core sports, among others.
• Possibility to apply for an Environmental Internship (spending time away from your regular job to work for an environmental group, while being paid your regular salary) after one year of employment
• Option to participate in our 1% for the Planet grants council, being trained and empowered to review and make funding decisions on the grant applications from environmental groups.
• We have dog-friendly offices where employees can bring their furry friend to work
• We are an activist company and have policies in place to support employees that want to engage in activism.
• All employees interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Program, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges.
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform.
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions.
• After 1 month of employment, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year).
• Fully paid maternity leave (duration varies by country). After nine months of employment, we offer 12 weeks of partner leave and 12 weeks of adoptive leave. Pro-rated for part-time employees.
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organization and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Color (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies