BLUE ICE is looking for an energetic and experienced Senior Test engineer, to join its Quality and Product development team based in Chamonix. Bleu Ice develops and manufactures PPE equipment dedicated to climbing and mountaineering safety. Therefore product testing and qualification are at the heart of its design and manufacturing processes.
We are seeking a candidate who is both creatively and technically minded, who has a critical and analytic eyes on product and enjoys problem solving. This position is for an experienced professional in product testing and manufacturing engineering, with a good understanding of the use of climbing and mountaineering equipment.
This position takes place in a small and highly specialized teams where each individual is expected to be able to carry their projects in full autonomy.
• Management of test laboratory and test equipment
• Contribute to the development of the products test plans
• Bench mark products and test methods to generate the data necessary to define tests and products requirements
• Work with R&D team to establish engineering product requirements and design appropriate tests to validate the requirements have been met
• Design test fixturing and create necessary technical drawings for fabrication
• Execute a variety of testing from early concept through production
• Document test results in reports
• Perform inspection of components
• Work with Quality and Manufacturing department to develop production control and inspection tools
• Create and execute production destructive testing plan
· Solidworks modeling and drawings
· Ability to read technical drawings and GD&T
· Familiar with basic inspection tools
· Tension testing machine use and programming
· Hands on and experience with fabrication tools