At a Glance:
At On we took a huge first step when we announced the Cyclon initiative, a subscription- based service offering a high performing running shoe which could be fully recycled. This role would be part of the team to grow that story. As the footwear developer, you would work closely with our design, materials, innovation and testing teams to create high quality footwear with sustainability as the key focus. You will own the entire process from initial concept, to production, through commercialization.
We are an innovative, creative and science-driven team working closely to convert cutting- edge ideas into prototypes and exceptional performance products. High quality, sustainability and performance are top of mind when creating our footwear products. Our team combines the best experts in fields such as Engineering, Development and Product Management to create something extraordinary.
- Own the product development process for the Cyclon category within the Performance team at On.
- Provide solutions to design and construction constraints by using your demonstrated knowledge of materials, construction and manufacturing.
- Collaborate with our development teams in Zurich and Vietnam, design, innovation and product marketing to realize functional and performance-based footwear product and adhere to product creation calendar.
- Monitor costs and advising where product efficiencies can be made.
- Work hand in hand with our testing team and biomechanics experts for successful validation and testing of the products, as well as effectively manage the sampling and prototyping of the products.
- Work closely with the innovation team to commercialize new innovations in our performance footwear.
- Higher education degree in a product or engineering related field.
- 3+ years of experience in the footwear industry.
- Technical expertise in footwear product development, process, projects management, costing and manufacturing of footwear products from conceptions to retail.
- Experience interpreting tech packs and reading 2D files.
- Motivaation to create the most sustainable products on the market.
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to work with multiple deadlines.
- Fluent in English.
- You are competent with MS Office and have experience with graphic programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (3D software like Rhino/Grasshopper a bonus).
What we offer: