At a Glance:
Product excellence and innovation is at the heart of our success. Achieving a leadership position in the marketplace requires innovative thinking and the ability to inspire all product creation shareholders. The apparel developer will be responsible for driving this creation and being a part of the development to bring real product to life. With a process, a detail orientated mind coupled with a passion for innovation this position will be part of the creation of tomorrows effortless performance apparel.
We are an innovative, creative and science-driven team working closely to convert cutting-edge ideas into prototypes and exceptional performance products. High quality and performance are top of mind when creating our apparel collections. Our team combines the best experts in fields such as Development, Design and Innovation to create something extraordinary.
- Build and realise a collection that pushes the boundaries of our apparel and innovation responding to the needs of ON runners fusing the unrivalled function with timeless design
- Oversee every aspect of product development bringing great value to products throughout brands mission, design and quality
- Develop products and construction techniques that meet design expectations and meet or exceed predetermined cost and functionality requirements
- Work with design to produce Tech Packs for seasonal assortment to assure that quality expectations are understood by suppliers
- Implement and supervise all details of tech pack development including technical artwork, material and component specifications, color application through utilisation of Adobe Illustrator and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems
- Organise and lead fitting sessions to a high standard and assure clear and timely communication with factories on changes
- Develop and improve the On fit bringing instant pull on comfort to all garments and ensure fit consistency over the entire range
- Partner with the Material Manager to recommend materials and source new fabrications to develop innovative and technically superior products each season
- Liaise with Development Lead and Product Manager to identify product needs, align with product delivery schedules and product sales performance
- Build a strong relationship with key business partners; material and trim suppliers and garment manufacturers
- Lead and own the development process of special projects (i.e. Athlete, seasonal drops) to assure both the technical superiority and the product quality/integrity of all products
- Manage and maintain development and production sample library
- Bachelor’s degree or above in fashion design or technical education in garment manufacturing
- 6+ years of progressive work experience in the apparel industry, specialising in apparel development ideally in the lifestyle category
- Affinity for contemporary Apparel design and knowing to read and translate On’s design vision and product strategy
- Solid level of technical skills, such as knowledge in pattern cutting, garment manufacturing and material
- Passionate about translating and realising the On design vision into a refined and leading product
- Organised and hands-on working attitude with a flexible and open mind for visionary solutions
- International experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and a sense for the market
- Good experience in Adobe illustrator, photoshop & Microsoft Office
- Able to work at a fast pace and think and react quickly with the ever changing environment
- Able to travel on a regular basis between HQ and production and development partners
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English is a must
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!