At a Glance:
We are looking for a Retail Architect to join us at our HQ office in Shanghai and working closely with our Zurich team materialize On’s future DTC retail environments.
You will combine your architectural design expertise with retail experience to develop and oversee implementation of On stores and Shop-in-Shops internationally, following the brand’s design and technical guidelines within each project’s given space, specific requirements and schedule.
Addressing future trends in design, technology, human behavior and the evolution of various On’s retail concepts as well as next-generation environment.
At On we stimulate creativity and innovation and foster On spirit within everything we do.
You will be part of our small but dynamic Retail Expansion team responsible for multiple cross-functional projects from market analysis and retail strategy to concepts and final delivery, construction, fit-out ranging from small Shop-in-Shops to large flagships.
Working with key stakeholders within Retail, Trade and Visual Merchandising towards creating an identical consumer experience across all retail touchpoints.
- Design On stores and shop-in-shops from an empty shell to full fit-out, ensuring On brand consistency, aesthetic appeal, and architectural identity.
- Collaborate with external design agencies, local architects, general contractors and other suppliers to ensure On retail standards.
- Ability to work actively as a team member or if required, manage a small team and all stages of the design process independently.
- Deliver a full conceptual and schematic design from zoning, preliminary studies, modeling, render visualization and presentation.
- Deliver a full drawing construction and fixture package to partners and subsidiaries for retail implementation
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in retail
- Proven track record of successful retail concept development or design lead role of key projects
- Expert in 2D/3D software: AutoCAD, 3D Rhino, Sketch-up, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Expert in V-ray and renderings, experience with virtual reality is a strong plus
- Expert in detail-oriented construction and fixture development
- Experience in building codes, accessibility regulations and other relevant construction constraints.
- Experience in fast-paced projects with the ability to manage consistently tight deadlines, multiple projects and deliverables.
What we offer: