At a Glance:
We’re responsible for creating innovative products for On. We have a lot of responsibility to try and meet the needs and demands of runners. So we research, design, develop and test lots of ideas scientifically. Only products that pass our rigorous tests ever go to market.
- Support the creation and sourcing of outstanding materials according to design brief and ensure its availability according to calendar timelines, sourcing policies, quality standards and best target prices, aligned with the vision of Lead/Head of Materials.
- Evaluate and aim for material-specific targets in regards to the On sustainability roadmap as well as identify opportunities for gains in material performance, sustainability and efficiency.
- Feed and supervise all material and component specifications, colour application through utilisation of Adobe Illustrator and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems. Record and assess all materials quality, prices and production lead times
- Research and analyse business tendencies, trade shows and identify new technologies and how we can translate into On product.
- Set up and continuously improve the material library and tools for the product creation teams.
- Oversee that all materials are tested and approved by QA while problem solving and advising on material improvements through fundamental understanding of yarns, material structures and polymers.
- Build and foster strong relationships and communicative channels with material suppliers and chemical vendors.
- Liaise with Design, Product Development, (HQ & ASIA) Product Management, Innovation, and Sustainability teams, as well as the Testing team.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Footwear Textile Sciences, Textile Engineering/Technology from a global leading university or related field.
- 4+ years of global experience in Performance Footwear industry (or equivalent) with Asia supplier/factory experience as a fundamental part of previous role.
- Extensive experience travelling globally (non-covid times) on a regular basis to material suppliers/mills to create, develop and source On materials, in line with strategy and vision.
- Heightened experience in project management from creative direction through to production.
- Affinity for Footwear design and technology, particularly in the technical performance category, with an eye for aesthetics and key awareness of trends both within the industry and analogous industries.
- Proven track record of implementing innovation though performance materials with ability to think and act strategically.
- Highly attentive to detail and has the ability to build, organise, and create effective presentations and strategy documents.
- Excellent understanding of the industry’s processes with ability to work autonomously parallel to cross-functional collaboration.
- Collaborative spirit with diverse stakeholders as well as superior communication skills (verbal and written English).
- Able to balance creativity with organisation and discipline in a fast-paced environment.
- Talent to deal with change and bring entrepreneurial spirit when facing unexpected challenges.
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.