At a Glance:
Our Direct to Consumer business is performing and growing strongly, which is why we are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to scale On’s online business to the next level. As an experienced engineer, you will be responsible to build, deploy, test and operate our digital infrastructure. You will implement processes to ensure scalability, security and performance. The technical stack of On Digital leverages Ruby eco-system extensively, and the team is in the process of migrating to a modular architecture. You will be sitting in our office in Zurich or Berlin and collaborate closely with the Digital teams in both locations.
As you might expect from a running brand, the E-Commerce team at On is a fast-paced place to be. You will work in a team with other Software Engineers and Product Managers. You will collaborate with roles including Designers, Data Analytics, Marketing and others.
- With the engineering team, you will own the architecture and technical infrastructure that scales for millions of users across the globe
- Leverage best in class engineering practices including Continuous Integration and Deployment, Code reviews and high test coverage
- Evolve the architecture of the system by collaborating with other engineers
- Communicate technical design and decisions effectively through verbal and written communication
- Experience in building and operating scalable system in production within the Ruby eco-system or programming languages like Golang or Python
- Exposure to automated testing, TDD and performance debugging tools
- Hands-on with operating the infrastructure on AWS
- Open to learn new programming languages and frameworks
- You are comfortable using containerized workloads and cluster like Kubernetes
- You actively document and update technical architecture and enjoy sharing knowledge with the team
- E-commerce background is preferred, and experience with a e-commerce framework like Spree, Solidus, Magento, Shopify etc is a big plus
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.