At a Glance:
This apparel design opportunity will support the creation of tomorrows high performing apparel for our competetive athletes. With a high-quality and detail orientated mind coupled with a passion for contemporary aesthetics and innovation as well as the interest in data supporting to pushing the needle in high peformance apparel creation, this role will be integral in On’s success in track and field.
We create excellence in performance apparel, pushing boundaries to achieve the perfect fit, materialization and design in every piece of the collection. We work collaboratively with our suppliers, pushing for product excellence. We place huge emphasis on testing, making sure each style is worn by our lovely athletes before launching them to the market. Because if the quality’s verified by the pros, we know it’s fit for purpose.
- Create and suggest a strong contemporary mood coupled with striking innovation pushing the future ON Apparel in collaboration with the Apparel design lead.
- Research of imagery and 3D references in regards to vision, shape and fit, materialisation, colour compositions, detailing, graphics.
- Sketch to visualise quick ideas of silhouette, proportion or details.
- Elaborate tech packs and detailed explanation for your Development teamplayer.
- Collaborate in all fittings to advise and challenge the product development process to ensure the highest quality standards.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in marketing, development, innovation and our partners in Asia
- Research and help sourcing innovative, upscale materials and trims.
- Fast mock-ups of shapes and quick 3D tests to visualize an idea or detail
- Very hands-on experimenting with material, detailing, finishings and different design solutions
- Champion process’s, constantly improving, tweaking and building upon the current process.
- Set and reach goals to increase both individual and team productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in apparel or fashion design.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in apparel design with a focus on sports, ideally running or track & field, gathered within the global sporting goods environment
- Excellent level of technical skills is a must, such as profound knowledge in pattern cutting, garment manufacturing and material performance.
- Broad market overview and a good sense for the contemporary design world especially for the North American market
- Structured and hands-on working attitude with a flexible and open mind for visionary solutions
- Expert skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & Microsoft Office.
- International experience is a must
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with fluent English spoken and written
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination. We are requesting that you provide sensitive demographic information such as gender identity and race/ethnicity to help us ensure that we are creating equitable and fair experiences for all potential future team members. You are not required to provide this demographic information and this information will in no way impact your eligibility for hire.