At a Glance:
The 3D CAD Engineer Innovation will be part of our Innovation Technology team, which has the goal to disrupt the footwear industry through novel product and manufacturing solutions. In this role, you will be the specialist owning the creation of digital concepts for functional products, driven through performance and sustainability. By working closely with the innovation development, design and sports science teams, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our products.
The Innovation team is responsible for On’s future innovations, out-of-the-box thinking and the outstanding athlete-informed technology that differentiates On’s products in the market. Within the Innovation team, you will join the Technology team which is focused on concept creation for high-performance products and developing revolutionising new manufacturing processes. You will have the opportunity to be part of an agile and interdisciplinary team of experts in the areas of engineering, materials science and sports science. We foster a fast-paced environment with direct decision making and freedom to design projects and processes.
- You bridge the gap between physical prototyping, FEA simulation, design and digital concept creation of disruptive solutions by translating technical concepts into digital models
- You bring quick prototyping of new product concept development to the next level using 3D CAD engineering, 3D printing and physical prototyping
- You communicate and cooperate with relevant counterparts across departments to ensure common approach/best practice regarding product development
- You set an exemplary standard of passion for innovation-driven performance product concepts as well as engagement for self-growth and learning
- A higher degree in mechanical engineering or related technical field
- 2+ years of work experience in 3D CAD design / engineering and product development
- Expert computer-aided engineering skills (SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD design software. Knowledge of Rhino, Grasshopper and/or nTopology is a plus)
- Basic understanding of footwear making and technical drawing knowledge is a plus
- Interest for sports science and biomechanics is beneficial
- You are able to work independently under a deadline on several projects simultaneously requiring innovative ideas, critical problem-solving and determination
- You are willing to learn and contribute to a team culture in which the On Spirits are lived daily supporting the creation of a highly motivated and diverse team with a can-do attitude
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
What we offer:
We offer a dynamic, challenging and sportive environment that has been ranked as the ‘fastest growing sports company’ of its time. With offices across the globe, we are an international team who is hungry to innovate and build something incredible. We foster an active environment where each individual thrives for excellence and can achieve their full potential. This is where your work matters, you’re hands-on and your team members are amongst the very best in their respective disciplines and fields.
If you are driven to bring On to the next level, curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our growing team send us your application, and join the ONiverse!
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.