For our EMEA Marketing Team we are looking for a Marketing Coordinator Indoor Sports – EMEA to join our team.
In the EMEA region, Mizuno has several local country offices around Europe as well as a wide network of distributors representing the brand in Europe, Middle East and Africa. For our EMEA Marketing Team we are looking for a Marketing Coordinator Indoor Sports – EMEA to join our team.
Mizuno is an international sports brand founded in 1906 in Osaka (Japan). Throughout the years we have grown into a global player of high-tech products in the field of various functional sports, such as Running, Volleyball, Handball, Football, Tennis, Golf and many more. We are the proud sponsor of professional handball and volleyball clubs and international top players with both kit and footwear supply. Besides these indoor sports, we support various European sports federations and many professional athletes and events among Europe.
Mizuno has a long history in the world of indoor sports, and we’ve celebrated many successes throughout the history of the brand. As a proud sponsor, we won Olympic medals and world championships. And still today, Mizuno is the brand of choice for many of the best handball and volleyball players and teams in the world.
Just recently, multi-year sponsorship agreements were signed with the US and Dutch volleyball federations. Besides this, we have extended our partnership with Mikkel Hansen, the handball star from Paris Saint-Germain and the Danish national team, who was named the IHF World Player of the Year for a record-tying three times. But just like every athlete, we never rest, as in the next years Mizuno is ready to accelerate its growth in the indoor categories.
Through years of experience and our devotion to support customers in achieving their best, we strive to deliver the best quality sports and lifestyle products in line with the Japanese “Kaizen” spirit, which is the continuous drive for improvement. Our high-quality standards are in line with our philosophy to contribute to society through the advancement of sporting goods and the promotion of sports.
About the job
In this role you know exactly how to reach the consumer and excite our retail partners through impactful campaigns and activation plans in an omnichannel environment. You will work closely with specialists from the EMEA Marketing team, Global Marketing Office and local marketing teams in the EMEA region as well as with exciting marketing agencies and professional athletes.
- Creation and execution of marketing plans for the indoor sport categories in EMEA, mainly handball and volleyball
- Work on a daily basis with Global Marketing Office in Japan and local offices and marketing agencies in EMEA
- Alignment and activation of marketing plans with internal and external stakeholders
- Roll out of activation plans in local markets as well as through owned channels. Close collaboration with local marketing teams and digital marketing team
- Present marketing plans at EMEA Marketing Meetings as well as Conferences
- Work closely with a marketing agency on seasonal campaigns:
- Creation of seasonal agency briefs for campaign creation
- Planning and management of athlete and product photoshoots (Attending photoshoots for overall supervision and because it’s one of the nicest parts of your role!)
- Collaboration with Sports Promotion Manager for athlete involvement and sponsorship activation
- Creation of seasonal marketing deliverables
- Conduct market research, competitor analysis and performance analyses
- Work closely with and report to Marketing Manager
- A true love for and true knowledge of indoor sports (handball, korfball, volleyball etc. is an absolute must. Ideally you are actively playing one of these sports.
Completed a relevant Higher education / University degree in Marketing, Communications or Commercial Business or similar.
Work experience in the sporting goods industry is a big pre. A love for (indoor) sports is a must.
Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Marketing, Sports Promotion, Sponsoring or similar.
Interest in international business
Good level of English (spoken and written).
Strong communication and presentation skills.
Excellent MS Office skills.
Entrepreneurial, pro-active and creative.
You are eligible to work in The Netherlands
What we offer
- A dynamic role within a successful and established international sports brand.
- A competitive salary and good secondary conditions including a good pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours and (partly) working from home.
- Inspirational office environment with nice facilities such as on-site gym and company football team.
- Space for talent and personal development.
- International work environment with ambitious colleagues.
- Being part of a group of people who are working towards the same goal: grow the brand as big as possible, without losing the high-quality standards and philosophy out of sight!
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Marketing Coordinator Indoor Sports – EMEA? Then we’d love to hear from you!