For our EMEA Marketing Team we are looking for a Marketing Coordinator Football – EMEA
In the EMEA region, Mizuno has several local country offices around Europe as well as a wide network of distributors representing the brand in Europe, Middle East and Africa. For our EMEA Marketing Team we are looking for a Senior Football Marketeer – EMEA to join our team.
About the job
In this role you will contribute to Mizuno’s dynamic growth ambitions in the region Europe, Middle East and Africa. You will be part of an experienced and ambitious team at our recently established EMEA Headquarters in Rotterdam and collaborate closely with our local marketing teams, our HQ in Japan and several agencies.
During the 116 years since our foundation in Japan, Mizuno has built a strong reputation in the world of sports and we are ready for the next 100 years. Although we have always been around, this year marks the next step of Mizuno Football. Apart from the signing of Sergio Ramos, Mizuno has set the goal to grow its teamwear (kit) presence in the biggest football leagues in Europe.
In this role as a Senior Football Marketeer, you are a brand representative and will manage all sponsorship activation plans for our athlete and club sponsorships in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and agencies. You will work closely with top players, clubs, agencies and our local and global offices to grow Mizuno Football. In the global football strategy your input is valued strongly and you will have the privilege of visiting pro football clubs (games) and players, as well as occasionally attending a photoshoot. Furthermore, you will manage the product marketing for our football boots, including the creation and execution of marketing campaigns.
Being part of a young, international and dynamic team, you will work closely with specialists from other offices, agencies and you will love the room for own initiatives and working for one of our most important growth categories, and the biggest sport in the world.
- Creation, coordination and activation of sponsorships within the Football category in EMEA for our contracted players and clubs.
- Relationship management with contracted clubs and players.
- Lead the development of sponsorship activation brand guidelines in collaboration with PR agency.
- Define policy and roles and responsibilities for a successful management of sponsorship portfolio at central and local level.
- Work closely with our local offices and agencies to align sponsorships and campaigns and translate into aligned go-to-market activation plans in EMEA.
- Co-creation of a PR strategy for signed clubs and players with our agency.
- Management of Football footwear product marketing.
- Present strategy and plans at EMEA Marketing Meetings and Conferences.
- Define and manage activation plans across all B2B and B2C channels.
- Brief to and work with our marketing agencies on seasonal and cross-seasonal campaigns:
- Creation of seasonal agency briefs for campaigns
- Daily alignment on asset progress
- Planning and organization of photoshoots
- Coordinate the development of seasonal marketing deliverables.
- Conduct market research, competitor analysis and performance analyses.
- You will work closely with and report to the EMEA Marketing Manager.
- Completed a relevant Higher education / University degree in Marketing, Communications or Commercial Business or similar.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in Marketing, Sport Business, Sport Sponsoring, Sports Promotions or similar.
- Work experience in the professional football industry is a big pre, so is (marketing/sponsoring) work experience at other sports brands.
- A true love for and true knowledge of football and football brands is an absolute must.
- Interest in international business.
- Willingness to travel (also in weekends).
- Good level of English (spoken and written).
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Knowing the sports retail industry is a pre.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Entrepreneurial, pro-active and creative.
- No 9-to-5 mentality. Flexible work hours due to club visits/matches in the evening/on weekends.
- You are eligible to work in The Netherlands.
What we offer
- A dynamic role within a successful and established international sports brand.
- A competitive salary and good secondary conditions including a good pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours and (partly) working from home.
- Inspirational office environment with nice facilities such as on-site gym and company football team.
- Space for talent and personal development.
- International work environment with ambitious colleagues.
- Being part of a group of people who are working towards the same goal: grow the brand as big as possible, without losing the high-quality standards and philosophy out of sight!
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Senior Football Marketeer EMEA? Then we’d love to hear from you!