Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 23 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
The komoot community is growing. And it’s growing fast. Our Community team works with some of the most interesting adventurers, events, and local partners, to put komoot firmly at the heart of the coolest things happening in hiking and cycling communities across Europe. Join a team of 10 community experts who care about their sport and community as much as you do.
We are on the lookout for an outstanding community manager to join Isabel and Cali – our Road cycling and MTB managers, alongside our Marketing Manager, Eva, in our growing DACH team – on their mission to make komoot the biggest adventure platform in Europe.
Join us and take responsibility for growing our community of Pioneers, bloggers and ambassadors online and on the trails in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Ready for your next adventure?
Employment Type: Full – Time; Permanent
Location: Any location in the DACH region
What you will do
- Build a strong community of like-minded hikers
- Work with our community of komoot experts and pioneers to engage with them and build brand loyalty
- Own our event schedule in DACH hiking. Identify and attend events and plan hikes and meetups to grow our community
- Support our influencer campaigns, approach potential influencers, convince them to become komoot users and turn them into brand ambassadors
- Sync with our Brand and Media teams to showcase community projects to a wider audience
- Uncover the most exciting people and their adventures for use in our marketing materials from social posts to emails
- Team up with our support team to assist users when they run into technical problems
Why you’ll love it
- You’ll work with a community of enthusiastic hikers
- Enjoy the freedom to work wherever in the DACH region you want, be it from your home, on the beach or in the mountains
- You’ll work in a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers
- You’ll enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want and work with modern tools that you’ll love
- You’ll join us for team gatherings (when safe) in locations like Morocco, Mallorca or the Bavarian Alps several times a year
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 2+ years of experience as a community manager
- Are located in DACH and are well-connected in the hiking community
- Are outgoing and enjoy interacting with people
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Are digitally savvy and know how to leverage digital tools
- Are self-motivated and extremely organized with a high attention to detail
- Are naturally curious, eager to learn and love to work in an open-minded and diverse team
Sound like you?
Great, we would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- A CV (in English) highlighting your relevant experience.
- A little note on why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Examples of your work: Tell us a bit about community management projects you’ve worked on in the past.
- Share your Twitter, Instagram, blog or your website with us so we can get a feel for your interests.
- A link to your komoot profile showing your favorite outdoor spot.
- Bonus if you do something creative with komoot. We love it when people go one step further!
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot, we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- Remote role (within UTC-1 to UTC+3)
- Curiosity grant (budget and dedicated time to support your curiosity)
- 38 days paid leave (including public holidays)
- State of the art technology
- Flexible working hours
- Gatherings 3x a year
- And many more…