Founded in 1973, Timberland® is a global outdoor lifestyle brand based in Stratham, New Hampshire, with international headquarters in Switzerland and Hong Kong. Best known for its original yellow boot designed for the harsh elements of New England, Timberland today offers a full range of footwear, apparel and accessories for people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying – and protecting – nature.
At the heart of the Timberland brand is the core belief that a greener future is a better future. This comes to life through a decades-long commitment to make products responsibly, protect the outdoors, and strengthen communities around the world.
Timberland is a VF Corporation brand. VF is one of the world’s leading apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations, and a commitment to deliver innovative products and create long-term value for its employees, customers and shareholders.
Let’s talk about the role!
We are looking for an outstanding Product Line Specialist.
In this role, you will work with assigned category team to coordinate data and information to determine new product and consumer needs, price points, strategic developments.
The PLS is expected to help champion a product's introduction from conception through go to market launch and acts as the communication liaison on all details pertaining to the product line.
The PLS is responsible for aiding in the management of the product planning process, the line plans, development information and production information for respective product categories with a very close attention to detail. The PLS will work closely with cross functional departments during the product development & GTM process. These areas include but are not limited to Design, Product Development, Fabric team, Business Analyst.
- Create, maintain, and manage style creation in ENOVIA system, based on lineplan requirement.
- Coordinate and prioritize flow of information and process as necessary to convey to internal/external stakeholders and consumers.
- Maintain and distribute all information of assigned product category encompassing ENOVIA line lists and data in Excel, workbooks, and other CAD books.
- Assist in creating and managing reports for Merchandising team. Including tracking success and failure of products on the marketplace, sell-through, etc.
- Perform marketplace, consumer, and competitor analysis for the respective category. Help to analyze competitor products, sales programs, and collateral to aid in product line decisions.
- Partner with Product Manager to disseminate information aiding in the creation of Global Line Architecture
- Help to ensure critical gates and dates in the process are met, data/updates are coordinated and fulfilled timely and per deadlines as assigned.
- Assist in managing the catalogue development and approval process.
- Among this role, will participate in seasonal product line reviews, owning/presenting if requested and based on business needs.
How You’ll Make a Difference…
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 2+ years. Minimum of 1 year of product management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Business Management, Marketing, Product Management or similar
- Strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to work in the Apparel Industry and ability to identify and foresee trends with marked product sensibility.
- Strongly Sales-oriented mindset and analytical skills.
- Understands and embraces industry, consumer, and culture, on global level.
- Advanced computer literacy and facility with Microsoft Office, Excel, Keynote/Power Point, Illustrator and PLM system.
- Organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Resourceful, hands-on, and able to sense urgency.
- Language Proficiency: Fluent in English.
- Be a Timberland Purpose Ambassador
What’s in It for You?
Along with a competitive salary and benefits program, we offer a flexible, casual work setting, 40 hours of paid community service and generous employee discounts on all our amazing VF brands. And it’s not just our products which set us apart from others, it’s our people! We believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after. That’s why, on top of comprehensive benefits, we offer much more:
- Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries;
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do;
- Tailored training.
- An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together.
If you like what you’ve read and want to join our team, we’d love to hear from you!