For the assigned market, proactively work with various stakeholders to take the lead in the design, development, execution and performance of the inbound logistics enabling the markets to achieve their availability targets at optimized transport & logistics service levels and costs.
Drive, manage and lead the implementation of various projects and programs with the assigned adidas local markets, to enhance logistics performance and efficiency from factory door to DC/customers with the goal to simplify and standardize processes, improve quality and reduce costs.
The role is further responsible for creating best practices for the respective cluster but bearing in mind that the solution is scalable across origins.
- Proactively evaluate the performance and execution of the end-to-end global transportation activities (ex-factory to DCs) across different ship modes are and provide an executive summary to Management where issues, process development or re-engineering is needed.
- Manage 2nd level escalation in a proficient, efficient and effective manner. Involve various cross-functional stakeholders where necessary to drive resolution.
- Develop strong working relationship with various stakeholders within assigned market (market teams, GLD team, Global Supply Chain functions, Finance, Procurement, 4PL, LSPs and other adidas stakeholders).
- Lead Market Business reviews which include KPI reviews and continuous improvement topics.
- Execute and implement projects and programs within Inbound Transport and Logistics which improve quality, service and value chain efficiencies.
- Analyse and validate market requirements and translate those into service deliverables with the procurement/4PL/LSPs. Implement newly defined and refined transportation logistics processes with the various stakeholders. Apply best practice sharing and strive for standardization and harmonization of processes whenever possible.
- Think globally and x-functionally in order to identify project/program dependencies and their impact, raise dependency issues with the project/program management resp. sponsor and co-create solutions.
- Partner with the various stakeholders (market team, GLD team, Global Supply Chain functions, Finance, Procurement, 4PL and LSPs) to identify and agree on requirements and goals to then set up and manage transport & logistics projects/programs within the respective scope of responsibility.
- Manage the change management approach for respective projects and programs. Ensure changes are smoothly and successfully implemented in the markets to achieve lasting benefits.
- As conflicts and escalations arise within projects and programs, identify solutions and propose these to the project/program management resp. sponsor and support resolution in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Use appropriate and effective communication methods to Senior Management and project or program stakeholder throughout the life cycle, in order to successfully deliver and embed the project or program within the organization.
- Ensure that process requirements and service deliverables are documented in Standard Operating Procedures and/or Service Level Agreements with respective stakeholders and ensure that the agreed processes and service are implemented and executed successfully in the day-to-day operations and within the scope of contractual agreements.
- Standardize, align and constantly re-assess global transport requirements on vendor portfolio, operational processes and connectivity / data processes.
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Allocate the different topics to employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of systems, data and analysis and team feedback and make appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provide direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and Legal objectives.
- Regions, Markets globally
- Global Logistics, Supply Cain Management & Sourcing
- Finance, Controlling, Performance Management, Global IT
- Global Logistics Service Provider & Carrier Portfolio
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Good planning and organizational skills, including project management skills from initiation to closure
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, including structured and detailed problem resolution methodologies
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and in writing, to interact effectively and efficiently on different layers of the organization
- High degree of self-management, enthusiasm, and drive to perform
- Very good understanding, knowledge and experience in transport logistics processes and supply chain management
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within a global and changing environment, including completion of tasks of different complexity levels
- Good negotiation skills
- Good presentation and moderation skills
- Good knowledge of computer applications, MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-Powerpoint, and MS-Access
- Excellent English language proficiency; multi-lingual abilities in other languages is an advantage
- A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, logistics, planning, supply chain, information systems, or operations; MBA a plus
- +5 years work experience, ideally in an apparel/fashion supply chain management or a fast-moving logistics environment, particularly related to supplier/contract, project and supply chain management including an overall logistics responsibility
- Experience in multi-national transportation logistics and project management with the drive and energy to implement change